Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

The teen max deadlift ( again maybe)

Kev99
Kev99
United States
2004/11/17, 08:46 PM
Hey its me again. Ill bet somebody made a post like this b4 but i cant find one, so ill make one anyway. I weigh about 155 to 160, and currently my max deadlift is 350. Oh yea, im 18 yrs old.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/11/17, 09:38 PM
yea another pissing contest

--------------
The following, has not be approved by the FDA or FT, it was not meant to diagnose,treat,or prevent any diease(s) Please consult a moderator or doctor before using any of the suggestions or comments.

Kev99
Kev99
United States
2004/11/17, 09:47 PM
Ahh come on man, u know people like these topics. It was just that one lady who hated the teen max bench. Ill bet u probably deadlift around 500. Its good to piss tho, when nature calls, u gotta relieve urself. :laugh:
howdiekat
howdiekat
United States
2004/11/17, 10:07 PM
hate to break it to you kev, but i'm not the only one who thinks this is b.s.

--------------
i wish you ill, ice-t.

margarine is a liar who announces, "i am butter!"
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/11/17, 10:30 PM
I'm smelling it howdie

--------------
The following, has not be approved by the FDA or FT, it was not meant to diagnose,treat,or prevent any diease(s) Please consult a moderator or doctor before using any of the suggestions or comments.

2004/11/18, 12:08 AM
kev purpose of these forums is to gain new knowledge on topics of interest and to help others with their problems or questions...what are you trying to do by telling us you deadlift this much? if you want to tell us your deadlift/back routine and need help with certain aspects , i am sure people will be more than happy to help you. gl with ur training
howdiekat
howdiekat
United States
2004/11/18, 12:17 AM
and that remark deserves a standing ovation.

============
Quoting from menace3000:

kev purpose of these forums is to gain new knowledge on topics of interest and to help others with their problems or questions...what are you trying to do by telling us you deadlift this much? if you want to tell us your deadlift/back routine and need help with certain aspects , i am sure people will be more than happy to help you. gl with ur training
=============

--------------
i wish you ill, ice-t.

DX14AG
DX14AG
United States
2004/11/18, 09:41 PM
I'm not trying to get on anyones nerves or anything, and I understand where you all are coming from, but isn't this section of forums subtitled, A hangout for teens or something like that? So I think that it's alright for this whole max thing to keep going on. Besides, I see this maxing as a motivation to me because if I am lower then another person, I will feel like I need to be higher and that I need to be stronger then others, and this helps motivate me and keeps me going in the gym. Do I make a point?

DX
howdiekat
howdiekat
United States
2004/11/18, 10:02 PM
this is an under 25 forum. under 25 meaning 24, 23, 22, 21 and 20 included, which, as you can see, are not teen years. why do you need to compare yourself to others to get motivated, especially when your genetic potential may not be quite what the other person's is? as far as that goes, the greatest competition you will ever have will come from within. pushing your limits is a far greater challenge than trying to match someone else's.

as for feeling that you "need to be stronger than others," that is a psychological issue (which, by the way, is typically indicative of underlying aggression). unless you win the world's strongest man competition, there is always going to be someone out there who is stronger than you are. why does it matter if you know exactly how much stronger they are than you?

if you want goals to shoot for, read gator's post "what is elite" in the powerlifting forum. the post is a constructive way to gauge strength and will give you something to shoot for as opposed to a playground battle for bragging rights on the under 25 board.

--------------
i wish you ill, ice-t.

bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/11/19, 12:29 PM
hey can we have a title belt like in boxing or pro wresttling...............just for the "strongest" person under 25 lol?

--------------

bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/11/19, 12:32 PM
onanothe rnote, I don't like comparing maxs, cause like howdie said, everyone is different. PLus alot of the people on here ar elike 1/2 my size......ok lol thats like a german sheperd beating up a wheener dog? If I wanna challage, I wan't some one qual to me, like mutt, or gator or rev, they are equal weight wise, but they give me somthing to shoot for cause I see what years of training has done for them. But just to have " guess what I can bench/squat/ deadlift is pointless. Besides to fuel an ego.

--------------

DX14AG
DX14AG
United States
2004/11/19, 02:57 PM
alright I can see that I will not win an arguement against Howdie, so I'll just stop and say she's right. Which, she is, but then again not everybody's the same emotionally and I might be a lot differenct in my mind compared to her.

DX
2004/11/19, 03:15 PM
DX1, a strongman lifted 973lb in a strongman exhibition a couple months ago...he's very tall and well over 300, i thin 6'7 and 320...or from what i remember....official powerlifting record is held by 2 guys at about 933lb....is this the appropriate inspiration you're looking for?

remember certain lifts favor certain body compositions...deadlift favors tall people with long arms...strong wrists...however this exact advantage is a disadvantage in bench press where short stumpy guys with short arms...have the advantage...also where your muscle is attached to the bone makesgreat difference in terms of leverage and so forth...gl
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/11/19, 04:05 PM
strong wrists on deads?

--------------

2004/11/19, 06:07 PM
err...meant it for bench...
Kev99
Kev99
United States
2004/11/20, 03:46 PM
Well, people finally are talking about deadlifting in this forum, so maybe i should keep my mouth shut, but i just want to say one thing, the last time i checked, this site was called FREE trainers, and we are free to talk about anything we want, as long as its not something totally off the wall or has bad language. People LOVED the max bench forum, and this is a free message board, other boards of titles like, supplements, beginenrs to weight training, etc, this one is called, "under 25 hangout", so i think i would be free to talk about whatever i want.
DX14AG
DX14AG
United States
2004/11/20, 05:54 PM
I honestly don't see what the big deal is about with this post. Like kev said, everybody loved the teen max bench, why can't we all just treat this post just like the other one?

DX
benching
benching
United States
2004/11/20, 06:45 PM
2786 on a good day and if i warmup nicely i might be able to get 2800 but only if i use 3 straps:):laugh::)
2004/11/20, 11:44 PM
problem with such forums as I already discovered...is when you give low numbers...you look like a weakling...if you give high numbers people say you're a lier...so what's the point of these threads?
2004/11/20, 11:46 PM
kev also under 25 as howdie pointed out....is 25 and under...meaning when you compare a 25yr old and 15 yr old...it's not really fair...you're comparing a teen who is still just beginning and still growing vs a man...so why bother?
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/11/21, 11:47 AM
menace if i'm not mistaken , your very FIRST post was you telling us about all these wonderful maxes you have.

No you was called out, cause you can deadlift almost 700, however can't squat more than 315 for 12 reps or whatever.

Thats like saying I can close grip bench 900. but can only bench 400......don't add up.

--------------

howdiekat
howdiekat
United States
2004/11/21, 01:19 PM
easy andrew. menace has a really good point. he responded to the teen max bench as his first post and look what happened. since then he has made some very thought-provoking posts that have led to some great debate, but only after he was ripped by a lot of people on this board, myself included (although indirectly) for posting his staggering numbers. why would he lie about that?

i think it says a lot about him that after he was given so much crap that he's still here. i think that all of this could've been avoided if the teen max bench thread didn't exist. like he said, you're either called a weakling because you can't lift as much as the next person or a liar because you can lift more. it's a lose-lose situation and is a breeding ground for childish arguments.

just one more reason to make posts such as these stop...

--------------
i wish you ill, ice-t.

bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/11/21, 10:40 PM
I never called him out, somone else did not to name names) yes, I thought the weight was intrestingly high for his age , concidering gator has been trainging longer, and he is just now hitting that area of weight. However Noone not that I know of, as a regualar has ever called someone a weakling for not benching enough weight or what have you.

and like I said he was called out cause things don't match up. and thats all i'm gonna say about that

--------------

2004/11/22, 03:06 AM
I first fell for posts like this under good intentions but after people didn't believe me ...i stopped....what do u think would make me lie about having 315 for 15 squat yet 675 deadlift? why not sya i got 1000 squat? to make it sound realistic? like i said my unique training got me to those numbers... I posted honest numbers .....my numbers...my training...everything i have done is weird...different..nonstandard....yet some results are staggering in certain lifts...but i got tired of trying to prove myself...to people i never met or likely will ever meet...if you wanna have a chat about my training or my logs...which i kept for the past year...i'll be happy to share...

like i said in previous post:

'problem with such forums as I already discovered...is when you give low numbers...you look like a weakling...if you give high numbers people say you're a lier...so what's the point of these threads?'

i don't know what more to say...
Kev99
Kev99
United States
2004/11/22, 10:11 PM
Some people do lie tho'. Ull see 14 yr olds coming on here and saying they can bench 250 or something. My deadlift which i say is 350, really is. But im not done lifting, i plan to get stronger for a lifetime.
2004/11/23, 02:05 AM
kev same...reason why i fell in love with deadlift...was in part because I wanted to have a strong core and because for me it was safer lift than certain others...

my problem is with people who jump to conclusions...without ever bothering to check...just because my squat/deadlift has big disparity could simply mean that I had different trainign styles, or goals for each bodypart....i mean they didn't bother asking what i did to get there...etc...or bother looking at soem of my pix...which could explain my results...i mean some people could try to learn from me...instead they just resort to calling me a lier..that's life... gotta pick yourself up and keep going...
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2004/11/23, 11:49 AM
All this is wonderful, guys, so why don't we just move on...

--------------
Michael

Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!
Chaos, Panic, Disorder.... Yes, my work here is done!

rev8ball@freetrainers.com
2004/11/23, 03:17 PM
lets heh
Khatru32
Khatru32
United States
2004/12/02, 02:34 PM
I think that whether it seems unreasonable or not to post you max, SOME people are interested in it and would like it to continue. If you aren't interested, you do not have to read the topic. Honestly, I know it may be a b.s. topic, but I will still read it and add my two cents and maybe get some tips on how to improve my bench, deadlift, etc...
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/12/02, 03:23 PM
umok, way to bring it back up again......no one is disscussing tips its just a ego contest. well it was almost burried

--------------

DX14AG
DX14AG
United States
2004/12/02, 09:25 PM
Well, I would have to agree with Andrew, it is just an ego contest.

DX
2004/12/03, 01:50 PM
::::::smacks K:::::....good job buddy...way to bring this crap back up....off I go to do my work out and 600 deadlift for reps....now sleep on that ....this time i will do it on 1 foot just to really piss off a few people with my 'form'....those who really focus on aaesthetics...hell maybe i'll do it on 1 hand...as long as the weight comes off the floor to my waist it's a deadlift....mhwaaa.......ok enough ranting.....still a little pissed off to read morning paper and find out BONDS juiced like a mofo...god can't look up to any1 these days...all juicers....grr
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/12/03, 07:53 PM
(yawn)

--------------

Kev99
Kev99
United States
2004/12/21, 12:08 AM
well whatever who cares, tho whoever said u cant compare a 25 yr old to a teenager, is right, that is a good point. im not trying to keep this forum going, but id rather see people bragging aobut how much weight they can push, then people arguing or complaining. If u want to argue or complain, why dont u make a topic titled "arguing and complaining". I had to get this out, but im not tryign to start of fight with anyone so nothing personal, i think everybody here is totally cool.
2004/12/21, 05:27 AM
what is the point though? some people deadlift 1/10 of others yet find the exercise just as effective... what are you personally trying to get out of this thread?
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/12/22, 07:40 PM
and I have no prob kev, but if you wanna know, about it im somone.........point of this web sight is to help one another, or ask questions.....not size everyone up.
Ask some people your age, im them or im a few of the regulars on here, ask how they where doing at your age or whatever. And if you need help, ask a few "older" people for some tips.

--------------

gibbondaniel
gibbondaniel
United Kingdom
2004/12/31, 06:23 AM
ok i can't really say much because im not really into heavy weight training i prefer lifting lighter amounts and doing high reps cause im trying to improve muscular indurance i cannot benchpress anymore than 170 ibs but i probably won't be able to deadlift anymore either but i can run the mile in 4:10 and i can do 100 pushups on my fists or 20 1 armed pushups thats gotta count for something :)
jayvee151
jayvee151
United Kingdom
2005/04/20, 04:28 PM
i only got up to 110lbs weights set, just got it, im 15 weigh 120 lbs and 5ft 7. and i just did 20 110lb dead lifts.lol but im hoping to improve:)
jayvee151
jayvee151
United Kingdom
2005/04/20, 04:28 PM
lol just seen dat on post as soon as i setn that:cool:
2005/04/20, 06:27 PM
lol....well good luck...check out powerlifting section for great tips....and discussion of this lift....

also visit

www.deepsquatter.com

and

www.nazbar.com

for great info...