Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

The old thinking was fat made us fat

CarbLO
CarbLO
United States
2003/05/08, 03:04 PM
Lawyers are beginning to target the restaurant industry to attempt to hold it accountable for the nation's drastic obesity epidemic.

-- A lawsuit against Pizza Hut in Seattle for failing to disclose its Veggie Delight Pizza contains beef fat,
-- A lawsuit against McDonald's in New York for contributing to childhood obesity, and
-- A lawsuit by a New York City man who sued McDonald's for contributing to his obesity. However, Banzhaf said individual suits against restaurants have not proved successful and this case has stalled.

--------------
The old thinking was that fat made us fat
http://www.Maliburep.com
kirby00
kirby00
United States
2003/05/08, 03:34 PM
I don't think that the restaurant industry should be held accountable for obesity.

However, when I was a vegetarian, I would have been really pissed off if I had the Veggie Delight Pizza and then got sick from having beef fat or just found out later that it was in there. That one seems like it might be sort of valid...or at least a practice that needs to be changed or documented.

-Krb
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2003/05/08, 04:14 PM
It is truly a sad day when a person is able to successfully sue a company for causing and/or contributing to a detrimental outcome for a person that is entirely based upon the sole actions of that individual.

In other words - grow some damn cannolis and take responsibility for your own actions..... all of them!

--------------
Michael
"Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!"
sandysford
sandysford
United States
2003/05/08, 04:21 PM
Okay I have to agree that the ingredients in a food item should be what they say it is, But I have to tell you, I took my kids to McDonald's alot when they were kids and now that I lead a healthier lifestlye I have regrets about that. But I never thought for one min. that the I could get my children a free ride through college because I alone made the wrong choices for them and they are all now obese adults. Shame on me, not them, not the restuarant.

--------------
I will lift my own weight someday!!!!!