Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Teen Commitment...?

EGChic207
EGChic207
United States
2002/05/02, 10:45 PM
Just wondering for you people.... how do you individuals keep yourself commited to your work-outs? what do you do? For myself i just force myself to do it and maybe eventually i'll start to like it or get used to it. Maybe you like to listen to music to think less about the pain (repetitions) or maybe you just love to workout, or maybe you want to impress someone...so how do you COMMIT to it? Because teenagers these days are going through lots of stress with homework, school, and other things you know? Does weightlifting/bodybuilding help with the stress or just add's on more?? Post your opinion here
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/05/02, 11:33 PM
I usually didn't workout or broke my workout because I waited into the afternoon to do it and then I would usually skip because I was 'too tired'.. so I broke that by working out in the morning.. but then I usually sleep in.. but then I got past that by setting my alarm clock far away so I couldn't just smack it off and go back to sleep.. that or roll out of bed.. because hey its not like i'm going to sleep on the floor.. as far as the impressing people.. I keep everything covered pretty well at all times and other than at home I shouldn't really ever have my shirt off where people of the general public might be able to see me.. as far as stress.. I think it probably helps relieves some.. I mean its something where your just away from everything else you 'have' to do.. working out to help yourself.. sometimes its hard to keep going because you might just not 'feel like it' anymore.. but I forgot where I read it but one pro bodybuilder said to try and never look at your workout as a chore.. change it and keep it intresting or your probably on a road to quitting....
quads123
quads123
Canada
2002/05/09, 07:09 AM
Working out is my stress-buster. No matter how busy I am (or how crappy I feel!), quality time in the gym is a priority. I just feel better after working out.

<grin> The quickest way to "getting hooked" is seeing results.
Boddhisattvha
Boddhisattvha
United States
2002/05/09, 12:59 PM
It's been a long time since I was in school, but it is a stress relief. I have had to struggle a little to stay commited, but two major factors are the results I've seen, and I really enjoy it.

--------------
And my soul must be iron, because my fear is naked. I'm naked and fearless.
lewdog_55
lewdog_55
United States
2002/05/10, 09:41 PM
I started for the simple fact that everyone kept saying how small i was.
It does also release stress and once you see results, i think you will become hooked.

--------------
"Imagine what you could do,
if you could do what you imagine."
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2002/05/10, 11:08 PM
I'm not afraid to admit it: working out is an obsession to me. On my off days, I want to train. On my training days, I want to train more. It's a huge stress reliever for me, too. Training actually helps release seretonin in the brain as well as supress cortisol levels, and that puts you in a better mood. Traing heavy releases testosterone, and that's definately a good thing (for me anyway). As said above, its seeing the results that keeps me charged up about working out. It makes me happy (mentally) and keeps me fit (physically).

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
skinnyguy
skinnyguy
United States
2002/05/11, 01:30 PM
After you workout for a few weeks and begin to see results, you don't ever want to stop! Its an addiction! If you are just beginning a workout plan, then imagine yourself in your desired condition. Work hard until you reach your goals. The pain felt while working out is really not that bad(unless you are perfroming the exercise wrong). Self-discipline and motivation will be your key to success. It could also help to find a friend that will workout with you, to encourage you on those days you want to stay in bed. Good luck and don't forget the old saying: No pain ,No gain!

--------------
Vaya con Dios... Keith
kfrancois
kfrancois
Canada
2002/06/23, 11:07 AM
It's a HUGE stress reliever for me .. and provides major motivation since I've been seeing results.

--------------
Only dead fish go with the flow.
aerlingus
aerlingus
United States
2002/06/26, 12:24 AM
Working out gives me a great stress release, it also helps to motivate me in the rest of my day. A good run in the morning and then lifting at night are some of the best days I have.
willywig
willywig
United States
2002/06/26, 05:10 PM
I go to College full time and work full time... There is a lot of stress involved mostly around finals.. however when I work out I concentrate on things other than school and work.. so my mind is at ease.. also too much stress will make the body weak and you will get sick easier... cant tell you how many friends get sick during finals... but working out counteracts this (my opinion).. All I can say is that it helps me feel at ease
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2002/06/26, 05:14 PM
Willywig, how do you manage to work full-time, go to school full-time, AND workout? Please let me know!
Priest_666
Priest_666
Honduras
2002/06/27, 01:09 AM
I had the same problems with stress from school and friends and other teenage issues. My solution: I just don't think about it...I work out I ignore the pain, I attain bliss and peace by working out. It's like a ritual for me. My advice: if you really want to work out hard, just ignore the pain or live with it because it pays off in the end....as far as school and alll those other teenage endeavours go: you can still have time to do all of that and go to the gym, just pace yourself and organize your schedule.
I hope I've been helpful.
Boddhisattvha
Boddhisattvha
United States
2002/06/27, 12:03 PM
I can also recommend buddhism for some of you folks...

--------------
Practice does NOT make perfect. Perfect practice does.
Priest_666
Priest_666
Honduras
2002/06/27, 03:01 PM
I would also like to add that as far as music goes for inspiration during workouts...you can go the way everyone else does with techno music or with rock, but you could also listen to Beethoven, Indian Folk music, and experimental rock like Tool. That music also keeps me focused and able. But music really doesn't make a difference as a motivational tool, you should be able to motivate and inspire yourself one day.
Again I hope I've been helpful.
willywig
willywig
United States
2002/06/27, 05:56 PM
I work from 6 am to 4 pm then have classes till about 8:00pm then I go to the GYM....till about 9:00pm or so...it varies day to day a little depending on school workload... BUSY BUSY BUSY
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2002/06/27, 06:43 PM
Oh, I see. When I start back to school in the fall, I'll have to work somewhere in the evenings, because all my classes take place early, it'd work out much better for me if I could work early, but guess I'll figure it out. But still and all, finding the time for homework but be a b....
GoldenJoe
GoldenJoe
United States
2002/06/30, 01:15 AM
Personally, I do it for self-satisfaction, and so that I look great when I'm not wearing a shirt! ;-)

Also, I like the feeling; it hurts, but it feels good to know that all that pain is going to make you so much bigger and stronger. Even moreso, people today admire somebody with a great body because it takes so much discipline and commitment. ;-)

Joe
dutchpower
dutchpower
Netherlands
2002/06/30, 05:53 AM
For me it's a kinda stress reliever, and above all, I really do like my training. So, for me it's not really a must, but something I like to do. It also helps to read some bodybuilding/fitness magazines, it's good for your motivation.

--------------
*Born To Be Free*
TravisL51
TravisL51
United States
2002/09/30, 09:14 PM
I might sound kinda funny but the way i keep motivated is by setting goals for myself that I can not reach without extreme training. The whole idea of failing pisses me off so I have to make my goals