Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Supplements

radarlove143
radarlove143
United States
2001/12/12, 05:27 PM
I used to take creatine and performance WG 2200. I lost my will to go to the gym and have been sitting around on my butt for 6 months. I just wanted to know what the popular supplements you guys use are using. I am already well-toned and now just want to build mass. I'm gonna go back to creatine, but I'll take 100% whey protein instead of the weight gainer. Any thoughts?
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2001/12/12, 06:47 PM
Meal replacements are probably one of the single most important supplements you can take. You bady can't grow without proper nutrition, and MRPs help with extra protein, carbs, and micronutrients.

Glutamine is also very important for mass building. It helps build your immune system and volumizes your muscle cells. Don't forget a good multivitamin/multimineral.
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2001/12/29, 07:22 PM
First mistake most people make when taking suppelments is that they do just that: supplement your whole food intake-there is nothing magical about them. To eat like a moose and train like a lunatic is your first step.
Whey protein is best immediately following a workout with carbs (2:1 carb:protein ratio). But for the rest of the day, you MUST vary your proteins (milk, egg, etc.)
Glutamine everyday; cycle your creatine. A good multi-vitamin is a must.
I personally take mostly Universal Nutrition supplements. I used them when I competed, and they're still a staple in my daily regimen.... Good Luck!
MuscleRage
MuscleRage
United States
2002/01/02, 09:41 PM
Make sure to take it easy for the first few weeks of training so you won't injure yourself. Creatine should help with massive gains, as long with whey protein. These two supplements should be a good combo. Prolab creatine should work well.
archetype52986
archetype52986
United States
2003/07/09, 01:02 PM
I am a little bit new to all this supplement stuff so I had a couple of questions. I have been taking creatine for 1.5 months now and I don't know if I have seen too much muscle difference, although now I don't get tired as easily and I can lift a bit more, especially shoulders and triceps. Also, I take soy protein in the powder form. I was wondering if you guys noted any side effects with creatine and if you would rather recommend soy protein or whey protein. I am also a little young (just turned 17).