Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Strength Conditioning

typ
typ
United States
2006/06/21, 11:14 AM
Wasn't sure where to post this. I was reading an article on a 52 wk. Strength & Conditioning program on the bodybuilder.com site and had a question. I was under the impression that in an effort to keep your body from adapting to your workouts, you should change up the exercises every two or three weeks. After reading this article and looking at the templates, the exercises only seem to change every 8 weeks. Am I missing something? What is the advantage to this workout scheme?
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2006/06/21, 06:27 PM
There is no set time table; you'll have to find out for yourself what time period works best for you. Eight weeks is about average. With everyone that I've trained, I've had to change programs everywhere from 4-10 weeks in order to keep their progress moving foward. Find what works for you and go from there.
Good luck...

--------------
Michael

Powerlifters -
We eat raw meat, and sleep naked in the snow...
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2006/06/22, 12:53 AM
This will also depend on level of training, and other parameters...

If your an experianced weightlifter, and you are doing the same set/rep scheme with the same rest periods everyday, you will probably adapt within 3 weeks.

--------------
Iron and chalk.

Pain is only temporary, it is in your mind. If you can still walk, then you can still run.