Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Strange pains...

prettygentle
prettygentle
United States
2002/06/23, 10:36 PM
Ok, I did my lunges on Monday. By Thursday, I was feeling much better... but was bouncing one of those little bouncy balls back and forth with my daughter when I had to jump quickly to grab it. Incredibly sharp and burning pain shot down my left glute... Lasted all day and part of Friday. I mean it burned like mad every time I had to use that muscle to walk or move (like rolling over in bed, sitting down, etc.)

Then, today, at work, I went outside for a little break, and went to sit on the curb. Same sharp and burning pain in my left inner thigh. Didn't last as long, as it's feeling better now, but OMG, I thought I would rather have those muscles removed...

Any ideas (or concrete answers) as to what I'd done??

I had been stretching out the areas to prevent stiffness and promote recovery. I'm just puzzled. Never had anything like that happen before...

----------------------------
pg
*The prettygentleone isn't so gentle anymore! ^v^
--The second you quit, then it's official - you're a failure.
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2002/06/24, 12:10 AM
If you strained your muscles, you do not want to stretch them. The first time I did lunges, I overexerted myself and strained them. I was stretching and it just got worse. I was given the advice to soak in a warm/hot bath with epsom salt. I did this for a 1/2 hr and the next day I felt a lot better. It took about 5 days before it stopped hurting enough to walk normal. Hope this helps.

--------------
Lisa
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/06/24, 01:41 AM
What worries me is that the pain is sharp and sudden......

Put lots of ice on it (several times but no more than around 10 mins) And as Lisa says, don't stretch it.

Rest for a couple of days and see if it goes away (otherwise you better go see the doc.....)

I hope you'll be okey pg.

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
prettygentle
prettygentle
United States
2002/06/24, 03:31 PM
I meant that I was stretching the areas AFTER I exercised to speed recovery... not AFTER I felt that pain. After the pain thing happened... I babied those areas... It would have hurt way to bad to stretch after that kinda pain...

Thanks for your advice. I'm feeling lots better today.

--------------
pg
*The prettygentleone isn't so gentle anymore! ^v^
--The second you quit, then it's official - you're a failure.