Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

staying on track

emcur
emcur
United States
2003/11/06, 05:09 PM
I was wondering if any of you had advice on staying on track during your period. I get painful cramps and usually feel so bloated I don't want to move for two to three days! Then I find myself three or even five pounds heavier and having to deal with that when it's over. Even though I stick to my diet plan, I gain the weight from not burning it off. So will I get off track if I eat quite a bit less than my usual 1900 calories? (a total of 500 calories is what I'm thinking of trying)
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/11/07, 04:05 AM
I always went out for long walks..... Now if you feel too "heavy" then grap the bike. It can be hard for the first 5-10 mins but then you'll actually enjoy it more and more.
The weight gain during the period is often just water (to gain a pound you need to eat around 3000-3500 calories MORE than what you eat normally so it takes a little longer time to put on fat!).

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
Taurie
Taurie
United States
2003/11/07, 09:24 PM
Swimming around in a warm pool is soothing.

I find that when I consume caffein, or too many medicines my period to come is worse. Usually, if you suffer from cramps it's because your liver isn't metabolizing your estrogen quick enough. Caffein, medications, fatty foods etc, can slow down your liver making for a painful period. Also, cramps can be from a vitamin deficiency (sp?) usually B-vitamins.

If I drink too much coffee in a month I won't be able to exercise at all the day I get my period. My periods use to be so bad I would pass out from the pain...then, I started doing liver detoxing every few months or so. I don't have to detox anymore on account that I eat clean and avoid coffee most of the time. Hope this helps.
emcur
emcur
United States
2003/11/08, 01:03 PM
thanks you guys... I'll definitely try the bike ride! I do need to cut back on the coffee, too...
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2003/11/10, 05:03 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if your period was something you could choose to do when ready for a family and then choose not to do when finished? I am waiting for that day as the older I get the worse the cramps are. I just take my Ibuprofen and go to the gym anyway, since I know if i don't I will just be sitting eating something chocolate. (Might as well exercise before I do it...lol)

--------------
~Victoria~
...There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.--Beverly Sills
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/11/12, 03:56 AM
Well Victoria I haven't had my periods for a year now and I've honestly never felt so happy before! No, no danger but the Implant (and a lot of sport etc..) I'm followed by my doctor so I'm still in excellent health! (o;

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.