Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Starting Over

Awz
Awz
United States
2003/01/05, 02:09 PM
I was recently ill and am recovering, I lost a lot of weight including muscle. Right now im trying to bulk back up, and was wondering if it was better to lift muscle groups only once a week, as of right now im lifting them twice. If anyone could list their program that would be a great help. I was also wondering what are the best foods to be eating, and when to eat them, particularly after and before workouts to get the most from them. Thank you
Jerald
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/01/05, 06:27 PM
Trying to gain is usually a 6-7 day rest period between muscle groups, thus once per week, or at a max once heavy and once light. You need to eat good lean protein in the amount of at least 1-1 1/2 gr. per lb. bodyweight, along with lots of good clean complex carbs such as sweet potatoes, brown rice, veggies, and in your case, even some pasta wouldn't hurt. Whole grain is best, along with some good whole grain breads. Please fill in your profile so we know if you are at least male or female. Thanks from fT..

--------------
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!
Awz
Awz
United States
2003/01/06, 12:07 AM
sorry, im a guy, im 6'3" around 160. What should I eat prior and after working out though, and roughly how many grams of protein carbs and fat. Any suggestions as to meals would be good too, because dont have any supplements. Thanks
Jerald