Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Squats and Hand Numbness

ChrisLeSure
ChrisLeSure
United States
2006/08/21, 08:25 PM
Hey All!

Its sad that my first post here has to be on the injury forum, but its honestly the only time I've needed advice that Fit Buddy couldnt take care of. So here we go...

Ive been doing squats on a Smith machine for almost 6 weeks now. God I love the feeling of a good squat. Ive moved off the Smith and started doing them off a Power rack. Today, after doing a heavy set, my left hand started to get a numbing sensation. It never went completely numb, but even now, 4 hours later, its still a little off kilter. My PT says my form is good, and Ive never had pains doing Squats before, Smith or Power Rack. What could be the cause of this hand tingling, and what should I check for next time that my PT isnt noticing? Thanks for the quick replies!

-Chris
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2006/08/21, 09:36 PM
My first thought is that the smith machine is not using the same path of motion. Given that doing a real free weight squat you may have had the bar in the right postion for the smith machine and not for the free weight squat. I would adjust the bar a bit and see if that is the problem.

--------------
Less Talk, More Chalk!
The Men and Boys are Separated by one thing: The Squat Cage!

7707mutt@freetrainers.com