Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

Soul Mate?

Yahooo
Yahooo
United States
2003/02/10, 09:02 AM
Any of you out there have a soul mate? Dating or married to someone else but your soul mate is someone else? The Girl I like I belive will be my Soul Mate forever, Don't think She will ever think about me more than a friend, So that kind of stinks, Kind of feel like Ill be cheating my way through life and dissapointed and Settle for less.
Lonegirl
Lonegirl
Canada
2003/02/10, 09:12 AM
Have you talked to her about it?
Yahooo
Yahooo
United States
2003/02/10, 09:23 AM
Indirectly, I didn't Sit her down and tell her, Her Sis jokes around about me being in love with her, and she gets mad and says things like if you keep this up im not gonna hang around him anymore. She does say she loves me, but its on a different level.
houseofdiet
houseofdiet
United States
2003/02/10, 08:41 PM
But isn't the whole idea of a soul mate someone who believes you to be their soul mate as well?
I have been in a few relationships where the guy thought we were destined to be together but... I knew they weren't the right person. I also know that my life was enriched in a different way by each of these men. The man I am married to ... I know that he is my soul mate. (it also takes work to be "soul mates" there will always be stuff that you need to WORK through)
Yahooo
Yahooo
United States
2003/02/11, 12:08 PM
We had a discussion once, She brought up something about soul mates a while back and she said it doesnt have to be someone your dating. She was with her Ex at the time, I believe she was implying that I was her soul mate
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2003/02/11, 03:31 PM
first off yahooo, never imply, people usually end up being hurt as a result of doing so. The best thing to do is ask her outfront what exactly she meant when you two were speaking with each other on that subject. She will be asked directly and therefore need to answer directly, there is nothing wrong with honesty at all. Take a chance instead of beating around the bush.

Houseofdiet, true that! i definitely understand the hard work at soul mate relationships. Just because people are soul mates doesn't mean that life will be peachy, they are still going to have to work out the everyday normals, each others living habits, the way they view life, etc. Any good relationship is not based on a bed of roses (even though we would like it to be) it is based on hard work, dedication, and loyalty. (ummm... sounds a lot like keeping in shape doesn't it?) ofcourse that in itself is an inner relationship with yourself. :)

Good luck yahooo!

--------------
Bettia.... You are nothing less than Beautiful in my eyes.
houseofdiet
houseofdiet
United States
2003/02/11, 11:17 PM
... I am so glad you understood what I was getting at ravenbeatuy. I think that some poeple have this bogus idea that until the relationship they are in is perfect and they have no problems than they haven't found their soul mate. I also think a lot of people find their soul mate but don't put the time in and then end up divorced or what ever. This topic has been on my mind for some reason I have no idea why anyway. nice chatting with you.
houseofdiet
houseofdiet
United States
2003/02/12, 08:27 AM
Cop ,
So do you believe in the idea of one soul mate or what?
Yahooo
Yahooo
United States
2003/02/12, 03:56 PM
I Don't know anymore, I'm beginning to realize shes not the one for me, I have a great time when im with her, I can tell her anything. I love being around her. But she is very selfish, I put in way to much effort all for nothing, If she put in 10% of what i put into us I'd be a lot happier but I feel like she doesnt even want to try, and Im sick of trying
Yahooo
Yahooo
United States
2003/02/13, 12:08 PM
So lets get back to the soul mate thing, Does anyone have someone you know or think is your soul mate, but you are dating or seeing someone else?
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2003/02/13, 12:16 PM
can't help you there buddy...

--------------
Bettia.... You are nothing less than Beautiful in my eyes.
ageis
ageis
United States
2003/02/13, 10:06 PM
honestly, I don't give into this soulmate thing. It's all just a matter of connecting with one another like similar interests, personality. It's the matter of finding a person that is most compatible to you. I compare soul mate with the hottest man/woman. Once you thought you saw the hottest man/woman... there's always someone who looks much better. Now with soul mates, once you found out that your with someone that your most compatible with, there's a good chance there's another person out there that'll be more compatible (another soulmate). To sum it up, you have to decide whether or not your happy with what you got.

--------------
MOO!
houseofdiet
houseofdiet
United States
2003/02/14, 10:10 PM
I think people often loose sight of why they first got involved with the person their with because they THINK the grass is greener somewhere else and they are not willing to put in the time in their own yard to inprove the quality of the grass that is there. (to keep the analogy going :)
I think I have to agree to some degree with you, ageis, that it is you who must decide whether or not you are going to be happy. I also believe that happiness is something that you have to work at and acheive sometimes...
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2003/02/15, 12:18 PM
Cop1215, if the grass is always greener on the other side, as you say, i would be apt to feel greatly depressed about my relationship now. :( it is the best thing i have had and i actually don't see any greener grass. I think perhaps that is an individual opinion and not one that speaks for all men and women.

houseofdiet, happiness, along with everything else in life is something you have to work at. if we had the perfect relationship, with the perfect man/woman, and never any challenges or obstacles to get through together, it would be sincerely boring after a while. what makes love strong are those challenges and obstacles, because it lets you know, hey, this person is more valuable to me. not only that, is also creates a growth in admiration and respect for your signficant other at seeing their strengths and weaknesses.

--------------
Bettia.... When you feel like giving up, take it to the limit one more time!! You will SUCEED :-)
houseofdiet
houseofdiet
United States
2003/02/15, 03:49 PM
Ravenbeauty... I couldn't agree with you more.
Greenlee
Greenlee
United States
2003/02/17, 11:47 PM
I feel your pain. I dated a guy once and he was absolutely perfect for me...Everything that I was looking for in a man. A few months down the road I found out that he was married and had a child. My heart was completely shattered. Even to this day this guy has a special place in my heart and always will. I honestly believe that he is my soul mate, but I cannot have him. I am not saying that this guy that I am with now is "second best" he just came after Tommy. And he knows how I feel, and I do believe that he is starting to show me that he can be my soulmate too.
silvercb67
silvercb67
United States
2003/02/22, 03:30 PM
I fall more and more in love with my guy everyday! It's been 7 yrs & we jumped into the relationship feet first, we were both involved with other people but very unhappy. We have been threw alot of very hard times together but seem to get threw them. I hit a deep depression for a few yrs and gained 100 lbs!!! (wowa) And turned into a Bitch! (pardon my french) But he put up with me every step of the way, never riticuled me once about my weight gain or anything ... Once we relocated I had come out of my depression and have managed to drop 50 lbs... He had a drinking problem for yrs that cost us a great deal, it was hard but I stood by him. When we moved we put everthing behind us & he has not touched a drop of alcohol, it's been 8 months! I believe that some things are really worth fighting for! We are both alot stronger today having gone threw so much!
Kalanchoe
Kalanchoe
United Kingdom
2003/02/23, 06:27 AM
I agree with silvercb67. Relationships are ultimately about suport and companionship. Like in the animal kingdom, animals will stay with the mate that does them the most good, and ensures their survival. So if you are in a relationship that puts you down in any way, shape or form, then I do not believe that you are meant to be, no matter how much you think you belong together. It's as much give as take and no-one should feel they have toi settle for anything less.
Katie
xx

--------------
My body only feels good when it burns!