Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Social drinker's desperate plea...

senor
senor
United States
2009/06/07, 11:22 PM
I am interested in trying to cut the fat from my waist (about two-three inches). Here's the thing- I indulge in beer once a week. Yes, I know. I am an idiot and if I truly want results, I will clean my diet. Well, truth is, I eat healthy. Whole grain carbs, healthy fats, lean proteins. I bust my ass all week both at work and in the gym, so I will indulge on Friday with beer. No excuses, but I'm not gonna change. I like it, and I know seltzer is better, but its a bit more boring, and I know liquor is better but I'm not touching the stuff and I'm not going anywhere near weed, eXtacy or any other drugs that people indulge when on a diet to replace alcohol (in that aspect, my diet truly is "clean".)

Now I am willing to devote a month to replacing beer with red wine on my drink day if that would help. And I am open to being completely clean if 4-5 weeks would do it (here is where I would need to know whats out there to expedite the process- legal and not detrimental- no steroids, lipo etc.)

So, what have you? Are there any supplements that can help me reach my goal? Carb blockers? Spot reduction creams? Fat Burners?
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/06/08, 11:58 AM
You eat healthy, but how many over-all calories do you eat for the day? Yeah, beer isn't the the best thing for you but it can't be just the one night a week that is holding up your results. If you look at it like this; Beer is what, 100-160 calories a bottle? Even at 10 good beers that's what 1600 calories? Even if every one of those calories converted to fat, that's less than a half pound's worth of fat(3500 being the measuring stick). I'm not saying to keep drinking that much, but I'd bet that unless you're really lean, it's still probably the your diet over-all.