Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

So close and yet so far

Datdanigirl
Datdanigirl
United States
2004/03/10, 03:20 PM
It is such an emotional rollercoaster when you're really only struggling with about 5 pounds of fat, spread through your midsection, that seems to take 8 weeks to get rid of and 1 week to come back. When it's gone.. it's great.. you're there!

But then add a monthly cycle in there -- and now you have one good, tight week, and three bloated-gut jiggly-butt cranky ones, ..and bugger if it doesn't seem like I work out and watch what I eat all the time every day just to have a couple of days here and there that I really feel great. :angry:

OK, I do *feel* good alot, healthier and all.. but I just wish I *saw* it more often!

I can't help but question now and then if my goal is even attainable. I really feel like my body is just fighting me every step of the way. Do any of you ladies find that for a greater portion of your 'cycle', you just can't be your best??

Uggh.. it just feels like a never-ending battle lately, so close.. and yet so far. <sigh>
dfly411
dfly411
United States
2004/03/10, 03:49 PM
I feel ya, it's like you get one good week out of the month somtimes, right?

You might have unstable estrogen levels or something to that effect. Have you talked to your GYN about that? Also, I have found that when I am ovulating, I tend to bloat as well. I wish I could give you an answer, but I can only tell you that I understand where you are coming from, because yes, it sucks big time to have your abs hidden by your hormones!:cool:

We could start a club called the "one week hotties" and capitalize on it if you want!:laugh::laugh:

Datdanigirl
Datdanigirl
United States
2004/03/11, 09:40 AM
Hehee that's funny.. we could sell t-shirts..

Of course, we'll need a mascot.. Hmm.
Diana123
Diana123
Hungary
2004/03/11, 09:52 AM
I have a problem with my belly area too, but to be honest, the only time I see my abs are when I suck in my stomach, which is always. I have gotten so used to always having my middle sucked in that I don't even notice it anymore...it just stays like that automatically. However, if I let out my stomch, meaning if I let loose my muscles, wham!!!..looks like I'm 5 months pregnant. But to help you with your problem, are you sure it's not just that you THINK you look bigger? I mean, I have those days when I feel like a cow, but I am probably not heavier than usual. The mind plays these tricks on us sometimes (well ok, A LOT) that it makes us think we look fat when we are really the same. Other than those PMS days, maybe it's only your mind playing ugly tricks on you.Mine does it ALL the time. But as Dfly wrote, check with your doc about your hormone level, just to make sure everything's ok. :)
dfly411
dfly411
United States
2004/03/11, 10:52 AM
You got something against cows Diane? (hee hee, flashing back to another post)

Yeah, I see my abs when I suck it in too. Is it bad that I can only hold my breath to do this feat for a few seconds?:big_smile:

Seriously, I just want to see them...period.(no pun intended) I think about all the ab work I do and how tight they feel underneath...but thanks to the extra fluid, it doesn't show all the time.

Mascot? Any candidates in mind datdannigirl?

2004/03/11, 10:57 AM
Mutt????:big_smile:

--------------
The greatest mystery of life is who we truly are.

Charlie
Datdanigirl
Datdanigirl
United States
2004/03/11, 11:46 AM
:laugh:

We were going to use your buffalo Charlie!!

Diana, have you seen the commercial of the asian gal gliding through the office, guys drooling at her hottiness, then when the elevator door closes all gut busts loose? :surprised: I have the .wmv file on my pda - it's a running joke with my girliefriends.

My daughter tells me I am crazy and it's all in my head (she's 13 and a beanpole, like I was for 30 yrs). It may be my mind at times, but the way my pants fit tells me no lies.
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2004/03/11, 12:05 PM
It seems that a woman's BF% has to be an almost unhealthy low number for her to have abs. Philia has great abs, but I'm pretty sure she has said that her cycles are messed up and now she has thyroid problems. Although there are plenty of very slim women out there, ideally a woman's body wasn't designed to be 'skinny'. For it to function normally and provide a safe healthy environment for a fetus it will store fat in those areas we hate it the most...abs, hips, thighs and breasts. Rock hard abs are not unattainable, but it does seem the deck is stacked against us girls.

--------------
~Victoria~
...Do not be discouraged; everyone who got where he is, started where he was.--anon
...There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.--Beverly Sills
dfly411
dfly411
United States
2004/03/11, 01:20 PM
Why did my post just go under Null?
dfly411
dfly411
United States
2004/03/11, 01:21 PM
Memorandum of Complaint
To: God
RE: Creation of the Female Body

Dear Holiness,

I regret to inform you that the general female population is suffering from great unrest on this one lovely of your days in March. It appears that the capabilities given to the feminine form, in order to withstand and execute procreation, is at current, not well received.

Though the ability of being able to bear a child is still greatly considered a blessing, the general consensus is that you were out of your tree on the sixth day.

I strongly request that you consider a recall of the female body and evaluate the following areas for adjustment:

1. The abdomen

Consider: dropping the element of bloating and fluid retention to one or two days a month.

2. The thighs and hips.

Consider: putting the excess stores of fat in the breast area

3. The skin.

Consider: adding new and improved elasticity to eliminate stretch marks

4. The uterus.

Consider: developing a more efficient organ that does not have to cramp or contract.

5. The emotional system.

Consider: adjusting the highs and lows closer to the same proximity as the males.

In closing, I also urge you to reach down with your mighty hand and smite those that would build Taco Bells in your glorious kingdom.

Sincerely,
Your most humble of dragonflys
dfly411
dfly411
United States
2004/03/11, 01:22 PM
There it is (again)...you see...this is why I have a very abusive relationship with anything electronic.:angry:
Diana123
Diana123
Hungary
2004/03/11, 01:29 PM
Dfly, I have nothing against cows... I just don't want to look like one! :big_smile: Good letter to God!! You are so right, why can't that fat go to the breasts???

Datdanigirl, I haven't seen that commercial yet...I guess they haven't played it here in Hungary yet, but I'd love to see it. Must be hilarious! But that is the case with many women I think. We just have to suck it in here and there to look normal. I do anyways.

Azredhead, you are right, most women have and need that fat. Makes me feel a little better anyway. Thanx!!:)
Julisa
Julisa
United States
2004/03/11, 03:11 PM
Dfly, I copied and printed your letter to hang in my locker, that's the funniest (and most true) thing I have ever read:laugh::laugh:!
Datdanigirl
Datdanigirl
United States
2004/03/11, 03:42 PM
well usually those doubleposts are aggravating.. but hey, some things are so funny you want to read them twice:laugh:

The 'suck it in' commercial: http://www.mobileguru.co.uk/Popular/Popular_Suckitin.htm

And I do appreciate the pointer about estrogen levels.. I have had trouble with that whole BC issue, they caused migraines and a very unhappy family (I was ORNERY!!) for some time.

..actually, I was off them for months and just started the patch.. hmm.. something else to blame for my retentiveness!

~Danielle