Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Shrink the Waistline

klw0022
klw0022
United States
2003/09/13, 10:41 PM
I have been actively working out and have lost 3% body fat with all of that work, but I'm just stuck in one area...my waist...I mean, I know I am hippy and my size stays the same, but I just want to know if there is anyway to flatten my waistline more...I do abs about 3 to 4 times a week and cardio and weights 5 days a week, along with eating sensibly with 6 plus small meals a day and tons of protein..ANY suggestions???
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2003/09/14, 12:01 PM
Keep doing what you are. We all have stubborn spots.
The cleaner your diet, the better your results. make sure you are eating the amount of calories you need, when you track calories for a week you notice things you might not otherwise. that little candy bar that you let yourself have, or the meal you skip twice a week.. those types of things add up to big plus or minuses.
What kind of ab work are you doing?
Do you have any food allergies that you know of - those can make your abdomen protrude more. Try eliminating wheat for a week, or dairy for a week and see if it makes any difference.
Thats all i can think of without a more in-depth analysis of everything you are doing and how long you have been doing it.
Just remember how great your progress has been already and how much healthier you are than most people, eventually the rest will follow.

--------------
Challenge + Consistency = Results
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2003/09/15, 03:57 PM
I know when I did the Eat Right 4 Your Type diet I was a lot less puffy because I had eliminated wheat, dairy and corn, oats, pork etc. products from my diet. The diets on here would be harder to follow if I did that now though.

--------------
~Victoria~
...There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.--Beverly Sills
klw0022
klw0022
United States
2003/09/22, 07:42 PM
I have been doing all kinds of ab work from the roman chair, to the exercise ball crunches (different every couple of days)..I had no idea that wheat and dairy had that effect on your tummy...I rarely eat bread...the wheat that I eat is just really oatmeal (morning) and I'm lactose intolerant so I don't eat dairy unless soy milk or very very skim products...Thanks so much for responses so far=)
klw0022
klw0022
United States
2003/09/22, 07:53 PM
By the way, what other alternatives would I have to eating dairy and wheat...for instance, I eat oatmeal for the fiber and the only dairy I eat is fat free sour cream or fat free cheese...I know that I can get fiber from apples and grapes..any other foods that are better for me in that respect?
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2003/09/23, 03:52 PM
Soy makes an alternative to almost anything dairy or meat. It's amazing. There are soy cheeses, even cream cheese and sourcream. Soy milk, creamer, yogurt, ice cream, etc. Are you already including things like brown rice, sweet potatoes, beans in your diet? What about veggies like broccoli, spinach, green beans? Wheat is a little harder, but there are a lot of rice alternatives, rice pasta, rice flour, cream of rice and there is rice milk. At a health food store there are a lot of wheat free choices.

--------------
~Victoria~
...There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.--Beverly Sills
klw0022
klw0022
United States
2003/09/23, 10:42 PM
Yeah, I eat veggies/fruits like green beans, black and red beans, pinto beans, and if I eat rice it's brown or wild...I will make sure to check into those soy products (they're just so expensive! But I guess it's worth it)...I have made sure to bring cans of green beans and apples and tuna, etc. to keep me full too.