Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Running out of weight

jbennett
jbennett
United States
2001/07/28, 09:50 AM
Since I workout at home, I don't have access to thousands of pounds of weight. But I do have an awesome home gym w/ 305lbs of Olympic freeweights. My goal a month ago was to run out of weight to add when doing my last set of squats by September. Well, its not even August yet and I've almost done it. I've been concentrating on that goal every leg workout and pushing myself just so I can acheive that goal. I've increased the weight I can do on squats by 55lbs on my last set in just 2 and a half months. This morning I did 285 5 times on my fifth set; since I did 5 reps and my target is 4, I need to increase the weight so I only do 4 reps. That's my whole philosophy - more weight, less reps, push harder, get bigger and stronger.

The reason I am posting this is not to brag (squatting 305 in nothing to brag about in my opinion); its simply to let everyone realize that if you make short-term goals like I do and never lose sight of your long-term goals, you will acheive your long-term goals much faster. If you want it bad enough and you're willing to work hard, it'll happen.....
BillK
BillK
United States
2001/07/30, 10:56 AM
Congratulation! On your accomplishments. I agree. Short term goals are a must as long as they’re realistic.

~billk~