Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Ripped Chest

send2archan
send2archan
United Kingdom
2008/03/03, 07:36 AM
Hello guys

I am looking for a ripped chest with deep cuts.I am not looking for bulk now since I think its quite adequate now.Thats why I start my chest with isolation exercises like pec decs and then hit the bench.Does this sound right?

I also do exhaustive sets which is like minimum rest b/w the sets to burn more calories.In the last sets I generally pick up lighter weights and go more max reps possible.One more thing.....I prefer dumbells rather than barbells on the bench press for more isolation.

I also do around 15-20 min cardio before. Pls do advice
Pemdas
Pemdas
United States
2008/03/03, 08:22 AM
ANY sort of muscle definition comes from diet. Assuming of course that you have muscle.
send2archan
send2archan
United Kingdom
2008/03/04, 08:48 AM
Hi,

I do have the required muscle and I do understand that diet is very imp too.I have divided my meals to 5-6 a day, cut down a lot on bad carbs and fats,only good complex carbs and fat from nuts, good whey protein supplement and glutamine. I was just eager if I was following a good exercise programme to get that ripped effect?

============
Quoting from Pemdas:

ANY sort of muscle definition comes from diet. Assuming of course that you have muscle.
=============
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2008/03/04, 01:48 PM
Pemdas is telling you what you are not hearing. I can tell by your reply that you really do not have a concept of the diet that is involved. It is more than just cutting down on bad carbs, supplements, etc. I don't mean to sound harsh, but without proper dieting you will not have a ripped chest no matter what exercises you do. And trust me, most folks 'think' they have more muscle than they do, and are quite shocked when dieting to find this out. Be sure this is what you want to accomplish, as your dieting will also affect all other muscle you have. (can make you look tiny in other words)

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer

corless319
corless319
United States
2008/03/10, 01:20 PM
pemdas has to be the nicest person on this site.