Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

results of over consumtion/WSSC

brandywine13
brandywine13
United States
2008/09/16, 06:06 PM
I've been on the WSSC food plan for a week now, and just started the workout plan on Monday. When I originally started working out, I was following the food plan given to me by this site and the body and abs, workout plan as well with no cardio. From what I've read, cardio is necessary to loose fat quickly, as well as diet. I was referred to the WSSC challenge by a moderator, and so far everything is working very well. I quite smoking yesterday in order to make my cardio easier. I now am doing cardio every morning M-F, doing the intermediate workout for the WSSC 3x a week, and just abs, 3x a week. It seems to be that between my household chores, cardio, and abs or workout I am burning nearly 2,500 calories/day. This week I'm finding that as I increase my cardio and workout routines, my hunger is increasing as well. I'm still keeping the macronutrient proportions where they need to be, but I just feel hungry almost all the time(usually and hour after I eat). If I consume more calories (right now I am at about 1600/day), what exactly will happen? Nothing because of the increased output?,Bulking because of the extra calories?, Or will I be defeating my own goals and just end up gaining fat? I am eating all clean foods, so I hope the later is not the result, but I am truly uncertain of what will happen.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/09/17, 07:57 AM
You could increase your calories a little and still lose, try upping to 1800 and see if that helps, then if you are still starving try 1900..some hunger is expected when you are trying to drop fat, but starving all the time does suck... if you are expending 2,500 you might even be able to get away with 2000 for intake and still lose fat, but try increasing gradually.

--------------

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres and infallibly prevails at last.

Lord Chesterfield
brandywine13
brandywine13
United States
2008/09/18, 02:06 AM
Thanks for the info. I will try upping my calories slowly. By the way, I checked my fat percentage again today after 1 month and I've gone down nearly 8 percent. And smoke free for 3 days now. Thanks for the encouragement!