Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Recipes

triciakent
triciakent
United States
2004/05/04, 08:28 AM
Here's another question..posting... w/ this strict diet I am on, I need something creative to cook for my family at night that is on my diet. Of course, I'm allowed the chicken, fish, turkey, normal protein sources even including skim milk mozzerella, fat free sour cream etc. but I have to keep my carbs down at night to a mere 45 calories, protein source at 180 calories and vegetables at 100 calories.. I can use pam, vinegar, any type of spice/herb, salt, pepper yada yada... I am already running out of things to cook. Anybody know of a good competition bodybuilding/fitness cookbook or website??

One thing I am allowed that I haven't eaten yet... no reason for it just too expensive but I can eat it is LOBSTER.. YUMMY.. that alone would be a cheat meal for me (being a maniac and all... for those who don't know what a maniac is... born and raised in maine.. but left thank god)

Thanks for the help as always!! One week and 4 days is my cheat day... HUGE cheeseburger w/ fries here I come!!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/05/04, 10:42 AM
I gave up trying to feed my family things allowed on my diet, I made seperate meals. I ate chicken and broccoli while they had chicken, broccoli, mashed potatoes and gravy, that sort of thing.

Lots of stirfrys would be okay (without the sauces for you, take your amount out before adding sauce, serve theirs with rice).

I don't know any sites, Oxygen magazine has good recipes, as does Muscle media/energy.

BFL is supposed to have a good recipe section online.

Try doing a google search, maybe it wil come up with something.

I posted some 'cutting phase' recipes in the nutrition section, nothing spectacular, but try a fitbuddy search under that heading.

--------------
If you fall down seven times, get up eight.
fitinboise
fitinboise
United States
2004/05/04, 03:48 PM
EFL (eating for life) has some great recipes in it. Although most of them are higher carb meals...ie with rice, pasta, breads etc. I typically do similar to what asimmer does in the evening; Eat some type of protein, with some type of veggies for carbs.