Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

re: workout in the mornings?

kibbz
kibbz
United States
2001/07/25, 12:06 PM
when waking up and working out on an empty stomach do you take your multiple before your workout? mine says to take with food. but it seems like it would be nice to have some vitamins in your system when working out.
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2001/07/25, 03:10 PM
I take my ZMA just before I workout. I take the EAS brand, so it contains vitamin C, vitamin E, and vitamin B6, as well as zinc and magnesium aspertate and N-acetylcysteine. I take a multivitamin with my creatine immediately after I'm done working out. You could have a meal-replacement shake just before bed - they are fortified with a lot of vitamins and minerals. The nutrients from the shake will remain in your body longer do to a much slower metabolic rate when you sleep.
the_w8lifter
the_w8lifter
United States
2001/08/03, 12:29 PM
I used to take a multiple before working out. Not taking one now though. Some people get nauseated by heavy doses of B vitamins. That is why it is suggested that you take with food. I did, but it would pass within a couple of minutes.