Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Question about muscle gain/ fat loss

francogarcia23
francogarcia23
United States
2009/01/03, 02:19 PM
Hi everyone I was wondering if anyone could help me answer the big question of "can you loose fat and gain muscle at the same time". I have already typed my question on the fitBuddy search but the responses I found on there didn't really give much information as to how this could be accomplished or whether it can even be done at the same time. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or answer to this question. Thanks.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2009/01/03, 11:08 PM
Got your message. For most it is hard to do both at the same time as it requires a lot of things to happen in the right order. Diet is key and so then is training.....My advice is to pick one and work on that. Then as you stall a bit switch it up.

As for me, I lost a lot of weight after YEARS/DECADES of trying. I finally had to admit that I needed help.....I had gastric bypass 2 years ago. WHY? WEll I was well over 300lbs and with out the heavy lifting i did I would easily be 400. I gain weight very very easily. So for me it made sense to have it done....

--------------
FOR MY WIFE:
Her little ring was a little thing
but it was all that i could afford
now shes mine all mine
till the day i die
and i never wanted nothing more

7707mutt@freetrainers.com