Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Pushups?

esco
esco
United States
2001/10/12, 04:05 PM
Is there any like proof that doing pushups could like result in chest muscle growth? Im so sick of doing the same old excersises. I was thinking like 100 pushups for my chest workout, well not in a row, but when I do my chest, do like 100 of them for it? Any help?
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2001/10/12, 05:06 PM
Pushups are a great way to warm up before a workout or burn out afterwards, but not as a sole excercise for the pecs. If you're looking for growth/mass, you'll need to increase the number of sets you do and increase the weight you are currently using - almost like a powerlifter's workout. I've been doing that type of workout for about 9 weeks now and I've seen awesome improvements in my pecs and overall chest strength. In 2 months, I've increased my flat bench one rep max from 280 to 300. I'm happy with that. You have to be extremely intense during thse types of workouts. Hard work will definately payoff, though.