Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

proper creatine and dextrose ratio...

kyulyn
kyulyn
Canada
2002/03/07, 10:32 PM
hi, first and foremost i did search the forums and obtained plenty of good info, however i did not find the exact numbers i was looking for.

with that out of the way, i would like to know exactly how much dextrose you are to take with 5g of creatine.

on a side note, i do not have a proper measuring device so i have to rely on teaspoons and tablespoons. currently i am taking 2 tablespoons of dextrose with 1-1.5 teaspoons of creatine along with 38g of whey protien once a day. all ratios given in teaspoons and tablespoons would be greatly appreciated.

also, i've only used the premixed creatine in the past hence the lack of knowledge of ratios but i have just switched to PROLAB Nutrition, containing 100% CREAPURE creatine. i was just wondering if this is a high quality product and at $35 canadian for 600g, if this is good value.

thanks in advance for your input.

kyu
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2002/03/08, 03:21 AM
Ggenerally speaking, most studies have found in the past that for the average size male, 5g of creatine should be taken with approx 75-100g of a high-glycemic carbs in order to initiate the insulin spike needed to assure proper assimilation of the creatine. However, a few new studies have found that the same desired effect can be accomplished by subsituting half of the carbs with a fast acting protein such as whey.

A true baking teaspoon is roughly equal to 5g.

Creapure creatine is the cleanest and best creatine on the market, bar none. Only 3 or 4 companies are even authorized to use it, prolab being one. Because it is so analyzed, it is also the most expensive on the market. I'm not sure of the exchange rate from US to Canadian, but 600g for $35 of US funds is very good. I've seen it as high as $45 for 300g!

Hope that helps........

--------------
Michael
"Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!"
kyulyn
kyulyn
Canada
2002/03/08, 05:57 AM
michael, thanks for the precise info, finally a guy with enough balls to give a straight up number instead of relying on wishy washy guestimates or opting for the "search the forum" route.

by average i'm guessing you meant 155lbs, i'm a little lighter myself being a classic hardgainer so i'll go with 75g of dextrose. now when i add my 36g of whey protein to the mix that would mean a difference of 39g i would have to make up with dextrose.

39g of dextrose = 7.8 teaspoons. so far so good?

pretty straight forward but 8 teaspoons of dex is going to be awfull sweet, even if diluted in a litre of water, oh well. so in conclusion 40g dextrose with 36g whey along with 5g creatine. tell me if i'm on the right track. thanks

BTW $35 canadian is aprox $23 US, i'm pretty sure the guys i got it from are going out of business. maybe i'll stock up while it's cheap. also glad to hear it's quality stuff.

jbennett
jbennett
United States
2002/03/08, 06:04 AM
Michael is right on with his proportions. You can also try taking it with fruit juice. Add your creatine to 16-32oz of grape juice and add a couple spoonfuls of dextrose/glucose or you can even try using ribose. This seems to works great for me. I also eat a ton of carbs and protein after I take my post-workout creatine.

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2002/03/08, 12:27 PM
no prob.... glad to be of service.

your conversions sound about right, but since i dont know too many teaspoons that are broken down into decimals (LOL), go ahead and round your estimates up, ie., 7.8=8.

ya, it can be really sweet, but it should work for well you, and your conclusion sounds correct.

$23? *damn*.....that is cheap, like close to wholesale! definitely stock up on it while you can.

good luck................

--------------
Michael
"Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!"