Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Prom Help!!

gabelover
gabelover
United States
2003/03/22, 07:48 PM
I know that our prom isn't untill May 3rd but i have to make sure everything is going to end up just right. My boyfriend asked me to prom about 3 months ago. I just got my dress today and I need to still get everything else. However, the problem is that my stomch sticks out of my dress. I mean really bad...my mom even noticed!! What should I do?? Do i have enough time before prom to tone my stomach and lose some fat?? Please help ASAP!!!!

*Jessica*
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2003/03/22, 09:19 PM
Tyr the ab program here on ft. Get a good diet going. you should be able to tone some by then. If worse comes to worse, just get a tummy reducer panty or girdle. Hope this helps. I am sure that you will look great.

--------------
Lisa

Just laugh about it....
jxlynxli
jxlynxli
United States
2003/03/22, 09:22 PM
yes i agree with roni0906, a clean diet is the major part of being healthy and of course excersize, you will see the results with eating right and working out...so if you stick to it you will satisfied!
gabelover
gabelover
United States
2003/03/22, 10:13 PM
Do u have some sugestions on eating "right" cause i'm am all new to this and i am not the best when it comes to what i should eat and should not. For dieting purposes. I want to start this asap. Thank you for your help.

*Jessica*
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/03/23, 02:15 AM
Oh you got enough time to loose 5-10lbs IF you stay serious!......
Start exercising, some light weight training and cardio, you might get a (natural) fat burner (ephedrine free) and of course throw out all sugar, fried or processed food and all other possible junk.
You're young and you can do it if you really want.

Try to do a search and read some of the other posts in here. You'll get some great info....
Good luck!!!

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
ebabe1026
ebabe1026
United States
2003/03/23, 08:02 AM
I agree...you have more than enough time (provided you're dedicated to the mission.) Best advice is to get your body adapted to eating 5 small meals a day. I've found that the way to get into that routine is to stop eating until you're FULL. Retrain your brain & body beginning with breakfast and prepare all your other meals ahead of time so that you're not starving and end up reaching for processed food.

Mix in cardio 5x a week along with 3 days of circuit weight training and you'll love the reflection you see in that prom dress! :)

*keep the dress hanging in your room for motivation* :)

Best of luck!

--------------
You only get ONE body, take care of it and it'll take care of YOU!
ebabe1026
ebabe1026
United States
2003/03/23, 08:06 AM
BTW, Jessica I just read your profile (though not sure if you're still planning on a military lifestyle or not considering what's happening in the world today)..but I'm a former Navy gal and if your still planning on making that your lifestyle this particular prom goal should be a good motivational stepping stone toward the military lifestyle of being healthy.

--------------
gabelover
gabelover
United States
2003/03/23, 11:47 AM
Thank you so much. I am going to be starting my new training Tommorow (Monday). I hope so bad. I am going to make sure i know why i'm doing this and finish this until the end. How do i get the five meals in a day because i am in school and it is kind of hard. I'm lucky because i don't have school tommorow. I have lunch at 11 am...so how do i get five in when i'm in school??
I am looking about going into the service but i'm not sure if it is the air force or the army yet. I know what is going on in the world and it does scare me a little but I am more worried about how the people are doing over there. I just wish i could give some of those Iraqi's a piece of my mind because they need to understand that we didn't bomb them first. They bombed us and they should have know this was going to happen. I hope that maybe i could go to war but i don't know. What about ur experiences in the Navy??

*Jessica*
jxlynxli
jxlynxli
United States
2003/03/23, 11:53 AM
yes, you do have plenty of time so think smart and you will enjoy the way you feel in your prom dress...
ebabe1026
ebabe1026
United States
2003/03/24, 01:13 PM
Jess - I can see how your school schedule being as such where it may hinder you from having your 3-5 small meals per day. You can still manage to do it to some extent, I suggest meal replacement bars, or even pre-mixed protein shakes. However, I don't want you to rely on them & them alone, merely a suggestion for "on the go" throughout your school days and will supply your body with actual nutrition. Whether it be having a few bites of the bar on your way to your next class & it taking you all day to actually finish the bar or not.
Make sure you're sensible about packing your lunch, proper balance of protein/complex carb/fat. Once you get home try not to make dinner the BIG meal it once was.

As far as my experiences of being a woman in the military, I'll say they were some of the best years of my life. It really instilled a structured & discplined lifestyle for me. Of course it takes alot of getting accustomed to, I won't lie & say that it was easy, it wasn't. There are still men in the military whom feel that women do not have a place there. Yet if you're strong enough to push past the politics and stand your ground, then you'll earn the respect.

Best of luck.

--------------
gwindalyn
gwindalyn
United States
2003/03/24, 05:02 PM
I would agree with what others here have said. :) I just wanted to tell you that you CAN do it and good luck!!

--------------
~Jennifer

http://www.gwindalyn.com
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2003/03/24, 10:29 PM
Jessica- I am very proud of you. Thinking of joining the military with all the stuff going on says a lot about you. But do yourself a favor and just concentrate on enjoying the rest of the school year. The service is always here for you.

--------------
Lisa

Just laugh about it....
gabelover
gabelover
United States
2003/03/26, 04:46 PM
Thank you everyone. I am doing workouts daily and i can already start to feel the change that is going on. I am more alert in school and i am more ambusish on everything. If any one has anymore suggestions i'm am open and welcome to them.

I really would like to go into the service now because our school has one of the worst reps in the entire southeastern part of Minnesota. I hate if because everyone thinks that i am an Alcholic and a drug dealer. I am not...that is one reason why i want to get out. The other reason is that almost ever boy or male teacher in that school knows that i want to go into the service. A lot of them say that ther is no way that i would ever make it one week let alone one day. I want to prove them wrong and show them that i am not helpless and i can be just as good or just as equal as any guy in that school. I just also want to make the world a better place and i would like to tell Saddam a little bit about what he is doing and why it is very wrong.

*Jessica*
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2003/03/26, 07:10 PM
Jessica, I heard a lot of the same things because I was joining the Marine Corps. It was something that I set out to do and did very well at it if I say so myself. I am very proud at who I am and proved my family wrong about not being able to handle it. For your teachers to say that, I think it is very wrong. They are suppose to be there to support you, but don't worry, you have all of us here.

--------------
Lisa

Just laugh about it....
ebabe1026
ebabe1026
United States
2003/03/27, 08:42 AM
Ditto to Lisa....

The driving force that kept me pushing through bootcamp was hearing all those voices whom had told me I wouldn't make it past week ONE. I'd say their names in my head as I'd run a gazillion miles just to keep my pace & keep me determined.

On the flipside of that, don't have the predominate reason be to prove anyone else wrong in your decision. We're talking dedicating at least a 4 year commitment of your life to that lifestyle. Do it FOR YOU sweetie! Any other reason of accomplishing that goal is just a perk. :)

Best of luck.

--------------
gabelover
gabelover
United States
2003/03/28, 02:21 PM
My Boyfriend is also going to be going into the service and we are probably going to be going to the same place. I told him about it and i told him all of the advatages in going into the service. So after i get out of school we are both going into the service and he is one of the only guys that believes that i can get thorugh it. thanks for all of your help. If you have any more comments please feel free to tell me anything.

*Jessica*
jreilly101
jreilly101
United States
2003/03/29, 10:48 PM
Hey Ebabe! You were a navy girl huh? I'm in the Army, special forces, working overseas right now. We hope to be home soon though! By the way, are you single, cause I'm still looking! LOL
ebabe1026
ebabe1026
United States
2003/03/30, 08:06 AM
Jreilly....yes, believe it or not, I was government property for nearly 5 years. :) Spent most of that time overseas stationed in Rota, Spain. Sorry to say, but I'm not "single" & do have a "significant other." Hoping that you're staying safe overseas with all that is going on.

Jess, a word of advice regarding recruiters "promises" of stationing you & your b/f together. "Don't buy into it"! The odds of you being stationed at the same duty station are about a billion to one. Sorry, just don't want you to be mislead, sweetie.

--------------
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2003/03/30, 04:49 PM
Ebabe is right. They only guarantee you a 50 mile radius only if you are married and of course there are some times you may be split up for a while however they do compensate you. They are pretty good at keeping family together, but sorry boyfried/girlfriend could mean less to them.

--------------
Lisa

Just laugh about it....
gabelover
gabelover
United States
2003/04/02, 06:51 PM
Hey thanks a lot...i hope everything is going good over seas. I will tell him about this and make sure he knows. He is one of the people that gave me the idea, i hope if we ever do that we will be atleast close to each other. That is what we are wishing for right now. I am just praying for the soliders over seas and that they will return home safe and healthly. Do you know of any way that we could have a remote chance of being close together??

*Jessica*
ebabe1026
ebabe1026
United States
2003/04/02, 10:04 PM
Sorry to say Jessica, but the military can't and won't make any guarantees that you'd be together. Well, let me rephrase that. They (the recruiter) may "imply" such to get you both to sign on the dotted line, but trust us who've lived the lifestyle...you've got better chances of winning the lottery than being stationed together.

Even if you were married before either of you signed up, chances are that they wouldn't be able to station you together. It's all about what billets they need filled and where, and honestly, women's billets (duty stations) will vary to where-ever they're short-staffed to fill their qouta of females.

Wish I could give you better news, but I really would hate to see you sign up under false impressions.

--------------
gabelover
gabelover
United States
2003/04/05, 12:21 PM
Thank you for telling me the truth...I am still thinking about it however, i taked to one of the recruiters and he said that have a slim chance of even being able to finish the training. I was p-oed because i know that i could do better then most of the guys that were there that day too. He would not even answer my questions when i had one. My boyfriend was there with me and he would ask the same questions i would and he would either get a different answer or he would get it answered. I really don't like people like that...those are the people who make me want to prove them all wrong. Have you had any recruiters like that?? Cause i was shoked when this happened.

*Jessica*
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2003/04/05, 04:55 PM
Marine recruiters are always happy to answer questions and really want you. Before I enlisted, I was going to join the Army but got gaffed off by the recruiter. I talked to the Marine recruiter once and the next day he picked me up from school and took me to the recruiting stationed where I took a test (not the ASVAB), watched a video on recruit training. He motivated me, then asked me when he could meet my mom to do the paper work. My dad lived in another state and also had to sign the papers (only 17 at the time). He called a recruiter there and before I could even call my dad to tell him to sign the papers, the recruiter was at my dad's door. He also picked me up every Saturday to take me on a run with the other people that joined before we went to boot camp. I am very happy that I decided to talk to him because I am very proud of what I do and love what I do (most of the time).

--------------
Lisa

Just laugh about it....
gabelover
gabelover
United States
2003/04/05, 06:00 PM
What did u do in the Marines?? I am really debating over were i should go but i'm not sure yet. If anyone has any words that would help me choose the right way can you please tell me??

*Jessica*
ivan_sifuentes
ivan_sifuentes
Mexico
2003/06/08, 08:19 PM
"...I just wish i could give some of those Iraqi's a piece of my mind because they need to understand that we didn't bomb them first. They bombed us and they should have know this was going to happen..... " WOW !!!

I gotta say that is one of the most stupid comments I ever Read or heard !!!!
First of all STOP believing in everything you see on CNN.
That kind of comments only enforce my perception that the people from the U.S. are the less inteligent living creatures on earth.

Thank You fatty. :)
drio
drio
United States
2003/06/09, 10:12 AM
Hmmm where's Ivan from... ohhh let me guess.. No not getting into that. We've got many Canadian friends here, and we get along just great. So from your judgement of our country, based upon the voice of a 16 year old girl worried about losing her pudge before the prom.. is it safe for me to assume and prosecute all Canadians for being close minded? -guilty of stereotyping and mass generalizations? No. Because you aren't all that way. (No offense meant by the above statement Gabelover)

I'm not here to argue politics. Because in the end.. you and I probably have very similar views my friend.

--------------
Dont wait! Procrastinate NOW! =)
gabelover
gabelover
United States
2003/06/10, 08:36 PM
no problem everyone can speak his or her own mind. Thanks for the input though. I wish that i could change what i said before because now i have got a more bigger picture on what all happened. I'm just 16 years old and i can't change the world over night or anyones idea's or opinons on it.

*Jessica*
sailor1029
sailor1029
Canada
2003/06/10, 11:41 PM
17 year old Canadian Army guy here. Its one of the best things you'll ever do. I picked up my paperwork about 3 months after I turned 16. Had it in ASAP and was on the first basic training offered in the area. Do it, love it. You'll learn there's nothing quite like the rush you get when you throw an artysim while clearing trenches in a blank-fire exercise after 3 days without sleep, and then emptying an entire mag on automatic into the bottom of the trench. Yes, the canadian C7 has auto, not that crap burst that you yanks beleive in :D

*sigh* the memories.

-Scott
rich24
rich24
United States
2003/06/18, 04:43 AM
Well I'm in the Air Force, stationed in Aviano, Italy right now. Depending on career fields you two choose, you can get stationed at the same place, if you're married. Just ask the recruiter about joint spouse assignments. More than likely you'll be separated during your technical schools for a few months. But after that you'll be at the same base. It all depends on how serious you two are on being together. Good luck in whatever you choose to do.

-Rich

--------------
THAT WHICH DOES NOT KILL YOU...MAKES YOU STRONGER.
gabelover
gabelover
United States
2003/06/23, 11:05 AM
Thank you so much. I am not completely sure which branch i am going to be going in too. Even though through everything that is happening in this world i have been thinking about this for almost 3 years now. Thank you for all of your help.

*Jessica*