Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 206, Messages: 2480

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

program here/compared to old one?

natalie4162
natalie4162
Canada
2004/09/06, 10:05 AM
I have really slacked off in my program for a awhile now (gained 20 lbs). So decided I need an extra push, and signed up here. I have a few questions. Want to concentrate on Abs, and lower body. Sample of lower body workout I was doing before.
all exercises 3 sets 15 abudction 60lb,2x 80lb, induction 70lb,80lb,110lb leg extension 3x 50lb leg curl 3x 50lb single leg press 3x 50lb each leg leg press 110lb,130lb,150lb to exhaustion smith machine lunges 3x 20lb smith machine squats 2x35 lb, 1x 50lb. Minimum 45 minutes cardio per day usually more. lower body done every other day. Now my first question is I entered my goals into fitness plan, and entered as intermediate, it gave me 2 exercises lunges, and curls 4 sets. So I switched to advanced it gave me 3 exercises??? 3 exercises per week (omg).How can I possibly see results doing this once a week? Can you add exercises into your program. If you pay to sign up is the program a little more advanced? I should also say when I was doing my routine I had definate results but its been the same program for almost 2 years getting bored of it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks...... ps trained 5-6 days per week
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/09/08, 05:54 PM
Natalie....The programs are the same for pro members or non pro.
The reason your only getting 3 exrecises per week is because there are probably other exercises that hit the same parts indirectly. You can always add in more if you feel you can handle it, but the more exercises per muscle the more rest they need.

--------------
"A will finds a way, failure is not an option"
Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/09/13, 10:52 AM
Try it and see what happens. It sounds like you were overtraining a little, too much cardio and not enough weight.

Give the freetrainers program a go, you won't lose anything and it will be different than what you did before, so your body should respond well.

--------------
"Achieving worthwhile goals requires a consistent investment of time and effort on your part....The rewards you receive will be in direct proportion to the consistent effort you put forth."
Brian Johnston, The Power of The Champions