Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Post Pregnancy Body

ktimaul87
ktimaul87
United States
2012/09/19, 10:36 AM
I'm sure i'm not alone in this "issue" but I DISLIKE my post pregnancy body. I LOVE LOVE LOVE being a  mother but my body really took a beating lol. I was working out after the birth of my baby but got VERY discouraged after I couldn't get over my hump weight (that weight you just can't get over) plus the pressure of the military and starting my college courses. I believe I started too much at one time and should have taken it easy, but I did it and I'm learning. So now....9 months after my baby was born (shamed i know lol) I'm mentally and emotionally ready to get back into shape!

Any encouraging words or advice from new mothers who went through this as well?
Luminata
Luminata
United States
2017/12/06, 07:22 AM
I'm there too girl!

I have had two kids in the last two years and my body didn't exactly bounce right back. Trying to manage the newborn and my toddler (who is everywhere) on top of working and housekeeping...I just haven't been able to get back to where I was.

I accepted that my body will change (My hips are clearly not going back haha) but I thought losing the excess weight would be easy enough. They always say that breastfeeding makes it go fast but I'm still breastfeeding 8 months later and still 20lbs overweight. I've been told that it took 9 months to put the weight on, don't expect to lose it faster than you put it on. 

It seems like you are under a lot of pressure, don't be unnecessarily hard on yourself. Don't feel ashamed of your progress just make a plan, stick to the plan, and focus on improvement not perfection!
Piper13
Piper13
United States
2018/09/15, 11:20 AM
Anyone else notice that post pregnancy weight looks way different then prepregnancy weight at the same weight? My 155 before looked way better. I almost feel like i need to lose another 5 to 10 pounds to look the same as i did before! And so much more jiggle! Ugh lol