Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Please help with this hand injury!

woodwardln922
woodwardln922
United States
2004/01/23, 09:55 AM
Hey folks, this morning I was doing my standard reverse barbell curl, and my right hand started mildly aching. No big deal, right? So next I did a set of cable curls, and suddenly a sharp pain shot through my right hand, and it's been agony ever since! The pain is occuring on the "inside" of my hand, near my ring finger knuckle. I seriously have no clue what may have caused this, and I haven't punched or accidently bumped something in recent history.

Any help you folks can provide will be greatly greatly appreciated!

btw...I couldn't continue this morning's weight training... bummer :(
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/01/24, 08:46 AM
That is odd.
Maybe you pulled a tendon?
Is there any kind of little hard lump in that area? Maybe you have a little cyst that is being irritated by the movement in your hand?
How old are you? Have you ever fractured your hand? There are too many odd possibilities. The hand is mostly little bones and tendons. So it may be you pulled an attachment.
Try rest and icing the area and massage and stretching (you can gently pull your finger backwards to try and stretch it). If it doesn't improve within a few days, see a doctor - hands are important for everything!

--------------
"To be able to go to the gym and train hard is a joy and a privelege, even though the hard work necessitates driving yourself through considerable discomfort. Savor this privelege and blessing, and revel in it."
Stuart McRobert, Beyond Brawn
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/01/24, 11:05 AM
You mmight have hit or injured a nerve. Is it like a sting?
Check with a dr if it persists.

--------------
"A will finds a way"
Ivan Montreal Canada