Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Plateau

Andrea75
Andrea75
United States
2003/05/13, 10:34 AM
Does anyone have any suggestions of different types of lifting and cardio routines? I have been working out for years and feel like I am so confused on what I should do these days. I am afraid my pants will soon be too tight on me if I don't do something soon. I am bored with the same old, chest/triceps, legs, back/biceps, etc. Help.
jefado
jefado
United States
2003/05/13, 10:41 AM
Hello :o)
Many other things: Kickboxing, Yoga, Bellydancing, Pilates or some form of Martial Arts....One of these might provide a change of pace.
What type of exercises are you interested in? I'm certain, if you checked fitBuddy, you might be able to find some info on it
If not, let me know :o) I'll help you research
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2003/05/13, 11:23 AM
first, we would need a current listing of your routine in order to give you fresh ideas, also for cardio it might help to know what type of climate you live in what is around you, outdoors, city, lakes, mountains, etc...

--------------
Bettia.... The secret of getting ahead is getting started.

Andrea75
Andrea75
United States
2003/05/13, 11:56 AM

============
Quoting from ravenbeauty:

first, we would need a current listing of your routine in order to give you fresh ideas, also for cardio it might help to know what type of climate you live in what is around you, outdoors, city, lakes, mountains, etc...

=============
Hi Raven Beauty, thanks for getting back to me. For years I have been doing lifting of chest/shoulders/triceps, Legs, and back and biceps. I rotate all body parts pretty equally along with the combination of machines and free weights. For cardio I'll do everything from the Precor, running on the treadmill, stepmill and when the weather permits, I"ll run outside. BORING huh? After a while, I am just not even looking forward to that anymore. There is a kick boxing class tonight at the gym that I was thinking of taking. We'll discuss the nutritional stuff next.
Andrea75
Andrea75
United States
2003/05/13, 11:59 AM

============
Quoting from jefado:

Many other things: Kickboxing, Yoga, Bellydancing, Pilates or some form of Martial Arts....One of these might provide a change of pace.
What type of exercises are you interested in? I'm certain, if you checked fitBuddy, you might be able to find some info on it
=============
Hi Jefado, how are you? Thanks for getting back to me. I was actually thinking of a kickboxing class tonight too. I am just so bored of the same old, back/bicep-Legs-Chest/shoulders/triceps. You know how that goes. I am about 5'5, 145-147 lbs and feel so crappy being this high in weight. I have a medium frame with most of my weight in the middle. Do you have any dieting suggestions? I do eat pretty healthy, but usually blow it on the weekends on the occasional treat or two, I am really down on myself and need some fresh suggestions.
Andrea75
Andrea75
United States
2003/05/13, 12:11 PM

============
Quoting from jefado:

=============
What is fitbuddy?
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2003/05/13, 12:16 PM
well there are tons of thinks you can do, ever consider buying a mountain/road bike and doing some riding. it is pretty fun, how about actual races/walks or jogs for causes. hiking, active sports such as kayaking, swimming etc are really good as well there are a million different types of cardio one can do that includes all of the ones jefado listed as well. good luck!

--------------
Bettia.... The secret of getting ahead is getting started.

jefado
jefado
United States
2003/05/13, 01:52 PM
Hello Andrea75....
ck your screen down at the bottom and you should see a little box that says "type your question here"...should be a gray box on the opposite side that says "Search fitBuddy"...Just type in something like "kickboxing"...doing so should pull all the messages/posts avail on the subject of kickboxing....
Many miscellaneous items as well...You can usually determine if the post will be worth reading by the subject line....only pulls from messages that FT members have posted. I normally use google.com for a more widespread search :o)
Negative feelings will only harm your progress...let any past mistakes go and start again <thumbs up>
Send me a message with the types of foods that you like to eat...I'll see if I can't scrounge through my recipes for ones that you might like to try, OK? :o)