Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Pet peeve

jsom85
jsom85
United States
2004/03/02, 01:56 PM
I'm going to ramble here for a second about a pet peeve of mine that i see in my school's gym every day. That is the unrelenting use of BAD FORM. I post this here because it seems the majority of it comes from the younger lifting crowd (such as myself). It was brought on by watching this big brawny guy rep 250lbs on bench like it was nothing. But theres a catch, he (along with so many other guys i see) only go down half way to their chest! so many guys are consumed with weight and not with form which truly increases the effectivness of the work out as well as the benefits of the exercise. So please, all you young guys out there please start (or continue) using proper form with all your exercises so i don't get mad in the weight room next time. If you need help in finding out how to properly perform an exercise, look it up on this site. They have pictures and descriptions. Remember, the weight dosn't get results; hard work and proper form does.:dumbbell:

--------------
Get your weight up, kid
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2004/03/02, 02:10 PM
AMEN! Good post, jsom85.

Going half-way can have its benefits, but everyone should concentrate on full range of motion a majority of the time.

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2004/03/02, 02:32 PM
That sh^t KILLS me...then when they are done with their set, they slam down the weight and give pounds to their boys as if they just lifted a world record...obviously I have issues with this too.:angry:

--------------
May the lift be with you.
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2004/03/02, 03:10 PM
I see the other end. At my gym I have theese old guys tring to impress people. This one guy was trying to curl way to much weight and was throwing his back into it some thing fierce. He was almost bent over backwards at one point. He then proceeds to walk over and look at the Tv like he is some kind of stud.

--------------
I am that
which must be feared, worshipped and adored. The world is mine
now and forever.No one holds command over me. No man. No god.
jsom85
jsom85
United States
2004/03/02, 03:37 PM
Also spotting...what is the point of lifting if you need someone to spot you for EVERY rep. And those guys arn't doing one or 2 reps with insane weight, they do like 10 reps...each one with the help of a spotter. I love my friends who spot me when i need it, but i don't plan i using them...or if i do, not until roughly the last rep or two. I respect the guys who come in every day and work hard and effectively. Regardless of weight used.

--------------
Get your weight up, kid