Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Pardon the interruption

hellagood
hellagood
United States
2004/03/23, 10:42 AM
My friend is 22 and she desperately wants to lose her little pooch. It's not unattractive, she looks great :big_smile: but she is very self concious about it.

I've told her about altering her diet to increase her core temp in order to lose the fat store that she has, but she insists on exercise to turn the fat into muscle. I'm not a woman so of course I don't understand the anguish she is in over this :angry:.

I've got a few exercises in mind for her, the plank (or bridge), sitting crunch, scissor kicks, mulies. But if any of you know of any exercises that really rocked your world, please pass them along. You can e-mail me at hella_good@seabee.navy.mil. Thanks.
Kyrah
Kyrah
United States
2004/03/23, 10:57 AM
Ok, from what I have gathered from the other numerous posts on this subject :) Excersize will just tone the muscles under the "pooch" in order to get rid of the fat she needs to look at what she's eating, the only way to get rid of fat is to lower your calories/fat intake. I take it since she is already in good shape otherwise that she does work out now? Tell her to keep it up and just double check what she's eating and make sure she's drinking enough water!

--------------
Love me as I am . . .
Let me worry about how I look!
Datdanigirl
Datdanigirl
United States
2004/03/23, 11:52 AM
'pooch' may not necessarily be fat that you can just exercise off... even when I was at my thinnest I had a 'pooch' alot of the time.

For me it seemed to come from what I ate or drank, I noticed it was like a 'temporary store', for a few hours after meals or during certain (most!) parts of my cycle.

I really think Pilates is something your friend should look into, I was amazed at the flat belly I had when I was taking classes or doing the videos regularly. Teaches proper posture and pelvic tilt and a heightened awareness that keeps that pooch in line!