Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Ouch ! Maybe its a rib.

raiderfanusa
raiderfanusa
United States
2006/12/06, 03:37 PM
I recently started going to the gym and used a leg sled that is angled up and away from you that you push up with your feet. I did what I thought was a medium workout and it caused some real soreness on my back under my ribcage on the left side. I stayed away from that machine for a couple of weeks and was feeling ok when I used it again and now the pain and soreness is back and worse. Obviously I will stay away from that machine and what ever else I need to to recover but I am not sure if it is a rib problem or a tear it the lat connective tissue or what. It is about half way between my spine and side at about the bottom rib. Wow it hurt when I coughed today but sitting still it feels fine. I am guessing some kind of tear. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

--------------
Only two defending forces have ever offered to die for You. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. Both died for your Freedom!
2006/12/06, 03:39 PM
Have you thought about going to a doctor?

--------------
Beyond Training, Beyond Experience, Nutrition Wins
raiderfanusa
raiderfanusa
United States
2006/12/06, 05:14 PM
I have thought about it. I will give it a few days and if it does not Improve I will go. I am not new to working out or muscle soreness just new to the gym and that machine. It is however different and in an area I have never had soreness. It may be as simple as a bad bruise. I was just wondering it it may of been a common injury with that type of machine. I have had no problems with injurys in the past.
raiderfanusa
raiderfanusa
United States
2006/12/07, 01:13 PM
Its is better today about 24 hours later. It is far from good but noticibly better. I still suspect I either tore a muscle or connective tissue but I am not doctor. Basic Ibuprophen and lots of rest with a little ben gay seem to be doing the trick so far. I guess if it continues to get better I will skip the doctor and be better for having learned a very valuable lesson about my now 44 year old body and how to be even more carefull when starting a new escercise and or machine. I have not used heat or cold due to the fact that I dont know which one is correct.
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/12/13, 09:02 AM
I always get confused when to heat or ice...I always manage to pick the wrong one....but glad to hear you're feeling better rsider!!!:)
raiderfanusa
raiderfanusa
United States
2006/12/13, 05:11 PM
Thanks KC, It only hurts now when I cough hard or sneez.

--------------
Only two defending forces have ever offered to die for You. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. Both died for your Freedom!
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/12/13, 05:23 PM
?????you sure it's not a hernia of some kind????