Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

nutts!!!

lexballer13
lexballer13
United States
2006/02/01, 01:20 AM
I don't know if this has been brought up before in depth. I know there was an old one that popped up recently but that was from an older post. What is this site talking about seriously!!! http://www.proteinbreakthrough.com/
Is it a bunch of mumbo jumbo or what. Come on you experts let us know please.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/02/01, 08:08 AM
His references don't include any recent studies. if you look at the list there is nothing newer than 1992.

Bbfit does a lot more in-depth reading on research than I do, so I would like to hear his opinion.

I am going to do some research now and see what I can find about the efffects of whey protein.

I think the bellies that he shows are from growth hormone/steroids, they make your organs and intestines grow, too.

--------------
In truth, people can generally make time for what they choose to do; it is not really the time but the will that is lacking.
- Sir John Lubbock
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/02/01, 08:20 AM
Here is an excellent article, with references, that seems to say the opposite of all of his claims -
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FDN/is_2_9/ai_n6112779

I did a google search on 'effects of whey protein on the digestive tract'

Once you find a good article, you can search for some of the studies in the reference list.

One thing to be wary of - when people are selling something that they are recommeneding.

I like McNutt's program, but I don't buy the whole 'only my products are good, only purchase from me'> he is selling hemp protein, enzymes, and probably will add a line of minerals and vitamins.

--------------
In truth, people can generally make time for what they choose to do; it is not really the time but the will that is lacking.
- Sir John Lubbock
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/02/01, 08:26 AM
Here is another with lots of references...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hashmi2.htm

--------------
- Sir John Lubbock
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/02/01, 12:11 PM
I did not look at it..but I see Amy is mentioning Wade McNutt. Well, the name fits the guy. :big_smile:

--------------
Strength and Honor!
lexballer13
lexballer13
United States
2006/02/01, 08:11 PM
ya I did see the year of reference. Seemed kinda cooky to me. Oh and those pics I have seen like 20 different places. thanx for the sites amy its greatly appreciated!!!
imgrowing
imgrowing
United States
2006/05/05, 05:38 PM

You mentioned that you like McNutt's program. Do you mean his training routines in his Freaky Big program? It looks to me like the training techniques and advice are good but I do not find the nutrition advice as reliable. I have found several of the claims regarding the "superiority" of his products to be based on old, non-scientific and disproven theories. I have decided not to buy any products but I just started following his workout program and I like it. Do you think I might be wasting my time?
============
Quoting from asimmer:

I like McNutt's program, but I don't buy the whole 'only my products are good, only purchase from me'> he is selling hemp protein, enzymes, and probably will add a line of minerals and vitamins.

=============