Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

not sore anymore?

bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2002/11/18, 09:44 PM
hey i'm a 19 yr who likes to work out my bench is around 320 my squat is around 450 and my deadlift is about 475 and i'm currently 230lbs my self however i no longer get sore.i did work out 4 days a week now i work out 5 however i still don't get sore i'll rep 6 or 600 lbs on leg press for 8 or 9 reps and i don't walk funny after it. i rest one week in between each body part and i always change my routine weekly any suggestions?????
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2002/11/19, 05:58 PM
what are your goals? strength increase, body definition, etc. give us just a little more about yourself (profile too), and maybe we can help.

--------------
Michael
"Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!"
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2002/11/20, 06:11 PM
well i gues you can say body defination because most of my reps are in the 12 to 15 range but i try do nothing lover than a 6 rep however latly a strengh coach her at my school has ask me to try 5 3 and 2 reps to get some power into my routine as well. i'm a cheerleader for my college too by the way if that helps any?
phil0130
phil0130
Cayman Islands
2002/12/11, 11:52 PM
Many people are still under the impression that DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) is an indication of a workout being very productive. This kind of after effect will get you results, but it will also extend the recovery time after a workout. It has been proven scientifically that DOMS is not needed to get great results. This means it will take longer for you to be able to work that muscle again. I personally have proven with my personal progress and with many of my clients and competitive bodybuilders that I have trained that great progress can be achieved without any pain after workouts. Once you induce delayed onset muscle soreness at a specific exercise intensity, you shouldn't experience that sensation again until intensity is increased. This is because delayed muscle soreness has been shown to produce a rapid adaptation response, which means that the muscles adapt to an exercise intensity. Until it is changed, soreness won't occur. DOMS is thought to be a result of microscopic tearing of the muscle fibers. The amount of tearing (and soreness) depends on how hard and how long you exercise and what type of exercise you do. Activities that require muscles to forcefully contract while they are lengthening ("eccentric") seem to cause the most soreness. You use eccentric contractions when you descend stairs, run downhill, lower a weight, or perform the downward motion of squats and push-ups. Changing to a different program or implementing a different exercise in an exercise program can also bring on DOMS. In addition to muscle tearing, swelling can ocur in and around a muscle, which can also cause soreness hours later. This is the basis for the most widely recommended approach to preventing delayed muscle soreness: Gradual progression and conservative increases in intensity, frequency or duration. Preliminary light exercise and stretching after a workout may prevent the onset of soreness following a heavy eccentric-exercise workout. Already-conditioned exercisers who want to try a new workout or sport also should begin gradually, taking care not to be overzealous. I hope this information can help.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2002/12/12, 01:05 AM
Great post phil...I agree completely. Been trying to tell people this for a long time. Thanks for the insight. Hope all read it who long for DMOS.

--------------
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2002/12/12, 03:54 PM
Thanks for that info, Now I can stop thinking about that.
Nice post.

--------------
The trouble with jogging is that, by the time you realize you are not in shape for it, it is too far to walk back! Franklin P. Jones

Ivan Montreal Canada