Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 206, Messages: 2480

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

No Speed?

flexodude
flexodude
Canada
2004/03/01, 08:01 PM
I can see why not many professional athletes compete when they are in there 40's. I've enjoyed a great many years of playing soccer and hockey at a amature level but since I've turned 40 I have lost a lot of stamina and speed.
I'm still lifting weights, stretchng and keeping my cardio up but what can I do to get my foot speed up again?
It doesn't help having a desk job but I do try and do something active almost every evening. :)
2004/03/01, 08:24 PM
Next birthday , subtract a year. :big_smile:

--------------
Some times life is like herding cats.

Charlie
2004/03/01, 09:04 PM
such a clever child.:angry:

--------------

Charlie
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/03/01, 09:10 PM
1-0 for bhardy!:laugh:

flexodude... you want to build stregnth in your legs to get the speed up. Get on the bike, and start doing squats, you will see an improvement.
BTW welcome to freetrainers and please fill out your profile.

--------------
\"A will finds a way\"
Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
2004/03/01, 09:51 PM
No prob B. If I put you in your place somebody would be screamin child abuse. Me and Ivan are friends , he couldn't resist.:big_smile:

--------------

Charlie
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2004/03/02, 05:11 AM
More like great-great-great- grandfather :laugh::laugh: (mutt laughing proud of his cleverness)!

--------------
LIFT HEAVY! BECOME STRONG, LIKE BULL!

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
2004/03/02, 11:03 AM
You guys need to meet my employees . They really know how to bust a geezers ass. These lame little quips are hardly worth responding to. Of coarse when its necessary to shut them up I go out and hump 40 or 60 sheets of plywood off a truck. it scares the children.LOL Guys, you just have to hit me with better shots than this. It's very difficult to make an irate retort to these soft shot across the bow. Geezers are much tougher than you give them credit for. We have to work twice as hard.

There now kiddies I gave you plenty to respond to. Please make it worth my while!!!:big_smile::cool:

--------------

Charlie
2004/03/02, 08:05 PM
Almost , lil bro. Me and the wife are discussing my retirement as we speak. In my new career I plan on takin a pirate stand. We sold the house and are looking for a bigger boat.:big_smile::big_smile:

--------------

Charlie