Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

New and ready to go! Suppliments.

aggrazel
aggrazel
United States
2009/08/26, 03:28 PM
Hey everybody!

as posted above my wife and I are new to the site. we set up the fitness plans and would like to improve ourselves respectively. I have been lurking here since last Friday and been reading a ton of posts (incredible thank you so much!)

the big question we are having now is about supplements. she is toning (read the female forums for her) and we will be setting up our diets this weekend.

for her besides vitamins is their anything we should pick her up besides omega 3's? she is 5'8" 130 lbs and diet skinny :D.

for me I am 6'1" 205 lbs and looking to add mass. im currently taking creotine (sp?), whey protein, and some pill that improves blood flow (green pill 6 of them).

again I will be altering the diets this weekend and just wanted to ask this knowledge base for any help.

thanks in advance!!

--------------
Nic and Christina
\"i run untill i can\'t breath, can\'t walk, can\'t move. Then i turn around and run home.\"
2009/08/26, 04:25 PM
Welcome to the site. Save your money, you do not need the creatine. The whey is good post workout, but eat real food to get your protein source. If you are looking to add mass, food is your friend. I am not sure about the blood flow question, that may be better answered by a doctor. Good luck !!!

--------------
Too often we are so preoccupied with the destination, we forget the journey.

To get through the hardest journey we need take only one step at a time, but we must keep on stepping.
aggrazel
aggrazel
United States
2009/08/26, 04:37 PM

oh it isnt a problem its a suppliment. nitric oxide i think it is. i read long ago about the creatine that it will help with endurance with running. i "used" to run half marathons but i became fat and lazy. just trying to get back into it.

thank you for the post. i will definatly be sitting down with the wife about our diet plans but untill then its all about eating everything in the freezer. i was reading in the nutrition section we need to focus on the omega 3's and 6's?
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/08/27, 12:24 PM
You don't need to focus on the 3's and 6's, just be conscious of them and fit them in when you can. At the end of the day it's all about calories in vs. calories used. I agree 100% with KA about the supps. Save your money for now.

============
Quoting from Aggrazel:

oh it isnt a problem its a suppliment. nitric oxide i think it is. i read long ago about the creatine that it will help with endurance with running. i "used" to run half marathons but i became fat and lazy. just trying to get back into it.

thank you for the post. i will definatly be sitting down with the wife about our diet plans but untill then its all about eating everything in the freezer. i was reading in the nutrition section we need to focus on the omega 3's and 6's?
=============
aggrazel
aggrazel
United States
2009/08/27, 12:32 PM
thank you again! ill just eat what i got and write up some good menues.

thanks guys!:)
aggrazel
aggrazel
United States
2009/08/27, 12:34 PM
thank you again! ill just eat what i got and write up some good menues.

thanks guys!:)