Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

New and needs help

mlkile
mlkile
United States
2003/01/14, 12:30 AM
I am new to this diet and weight loss. I was told by my doctor that i needed to lose weight, well the problem is I really want to but I just don't have the motivation to get up and do it. I am the mother of 6 kids and have a spouse that drinks and puts me down, which in turn makes me not want to do anything. Does anyone have any ideas? Please help
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/01/14, 01:41 AM
Hmmm I have a friend who just came home from Chrismas holidays in the States. Well, she brought the Oxygen magazine to me (it should still be in the shops!). Well okey it was the very first time I read that magazine AND half of it is advertising BUT one specific article really impressed me.....
An article about this 33 year old mother of 6 kids being soooo fit and extremely beautiful....

You see? Everybody can do it. We only got one body and one life. Of course you are spending a lot of time and energy for your family but don't forget YOUSELF!

Stay with us and we'll try to help you all we can.
Good luck!!

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
sandysford
sandysford
United States
2003/01/14, 11:13 AM
Memories, not all of them are good. Don't let him get you down, you can be and do anything you set your mind to. Keep your chin up, exercise watch your diet and get out a run and play with those kids. If you start to exercise and watch your diet you will feel better and be able to keep up with your kids better. What a thrill it is to me to be able at 43 to outrun my kids because I made a lifestlye change that was for the better.

--------------
I will lift my own weight someday!!!!!
mlkile
mlkile
United States
2003/01/14, 02:50 PM
I have made up my mind to do it and I am going to do it. Sandy; your email was nice and made me really think. Thank you. I will follow the plan that they set up for me to the letter. I will lose the weight and feel better.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/01/14, 05:44 PM
Bonjour mlkile. Welcome to the community. Obviously you got some good advice from 2 of the best on here. Keep up the good work, stay motivated. I am 46 and in better shape than
most teens today (brag brag brag). My wife is the same age, 3 kids and I tell you medically speaking, her blood pressure is normal with no meds. Her cholesterol is normal from eating right and her confidenceis 100%.
All I can tell you is Stick with it.
We are all here for you!!
Again, welcome.

--------------
The trouble with jogging is that, by the time you realize you are not in shape for it, it is too far to walk back! Franklin P. Jones

Ivan Montreal Canada