Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

need to make a lifestyle change

okiekowgurl
okiekowgurl
United States
2010/03/04, 04:35 PM
My best friend and I have been goin to the gym for three and a half weeks now...We do at least 20 minutes of cardio then around 40 minutes of weight trainin. I try to eat healthy but i havent really figured out what kind of foods are and are not ok...I am certainly not lookin for a miracle but I wana learn how to burn body fat fast-ish. Because I have not really noticed much change in the past three weeks. Could someone please help me figure out how to get some results
Thanks,
Kat

--------------
Life is not about waiting on the storm to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain...
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2010/03/05, 01:10 PM
try making your diet protein centric. That ought to speed up the weight loss. Also you will definitely need to be counting calories because diet is the determining factor in success or failure. Try lifting before cardio, this is a much more effective arrangement for weight loss. And don't give up on the training, as a female you may just be a late bloomer. Most women I've worked with always have a 2-4 week period of less than desirable results, but when the engine starts firing on all cylinders, you'll lose the weight!

============
Quoting from okiekowgurl:

My best friend and I have been goin to the gym for three and a half weeks now...We do at least 20 minutes of cardio then around 40 minutes of weight trainin. I try to eat healthy but i havent really figured out what kind of foods are and are not ok...I am certainly not lookin for a miracle but I wana learn how to burn body fat fast-ish. Because I have not really noticed much change in the past three weeks. Could someone please help me figure out how to get some results
Thanks,
Kat

=============