Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

need to lose the pooch

xxlibbyismadxx
xxlibbyismadxx
United States
2007/10/15, 12:26 AM
my freshman year in high school I was 5'10 and 130 pounds due to cross country..I have gotten a pooch since then and now am 150 pounds my senior year. I want to lose the pooch..it's not too bad but I can tell the difference...any suggestions as to what I should do to lose the extra flab on my tummy..what exercises bring the best results?
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2007/10/15, 12:51 PM
The best results will be overall diet and exercise. Some people get confused as they may gain in the rear, or the belly, or the thighs, etc. and think that due to the gain being more predominate in those certain areas while others seem to be much less effected by weight gain, that they can spot train to get rid of the added padding --unfortunately it is due to your genetic makeup "where" you seem to be gaining most, and in actuality, you need to tweak the diet and exercise for the TOTAL body to see results where you want them. You can certainly work certain muscles more by spot training (i.e.; you do 200 situps a day, you build your ab muscles but it doesn't do anything for your biceps), but specifically building muscle in one certain area isn't going to allow you to lose weight in that certain area alone --you may only add muscle under the fat if you don't look for a total fitness plan. Best exercise is weight training, it is great for weight loss, by increasing the muscle mass you are allowing the body to actually burn more calories, which is an added bonus to the sculpted look you can get. Cardio is helpful and diet is extremely important. Good luck to you with your goals!

--------------
Veda

It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. - Mabel Newcomber

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. - Napoleon Hill