Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Need help making a new me!

Daisy_d
Daisy_d
United Kingdom
2009/01/19, 04:33 AM
I previously suffered from bulimia and COE which still has some affect on my eating habits as Im really not very clued up on what to eat!
I rarely cook and general live off microwave meals and instant noodles - which I know it no good for my health or waistline!

I work out at the gym, mainly doing about 1 hr cardio and 30mins weights / sit ups. I also run a couple of times a week.

Ive seen a lot of suggestions on this forum re. weight loss and toning being down to weights rather than cardio alone. Would anyone beable to help me work out a routine for the gym or suggest a good weights routine? I am totally clueless with regards to how much I should be lifting and how many reps I should be doing.

Also any tips / links etc re. a healthy diet to stick to would be really appreciated.

I want to get back into cooking some good healthy food, toning up and feeling better in myself.
I currently weight 144 and and 5 6" my waist is about 29"

Thanks,

Danni xx
Daisy_d
Daisy_d
United Kingdom
2009/01/19, 07:06 AM
Hi All,
After posting this I had a bit more of a search round the site and have now created a weights plan for myself.
I am right in thinking its best to do weights then cardio?
What sort of weight should I be lifting?

Ive been looking at nutrition and diet advice aswell so have printed off some ideas to get when I go food shopping next time.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2009/01/19, 07:45 AM
Hi Daisy :)

weights then cardio is generally better because you will have more energy for weight training.

The amount of weight you lift will depend on your strength, you will have to play around and see what you are capable of. Try to find a weight heavy enough that the last few reps in a set are difficult but not undoable. You will need to gradually continue to uncrease the amount of weight you lift, also. Most women I do consultations with tell me they have been working out 'forever' and not getting results...when i examine their routine i find they have never increased the weight they use. they are, in effect, coming to the gym and brushing their teeth. Your body adapts to what you are doing, you have to continually challenge it.

The WSSC challenge had an excellent fat loss eating plan, as well as workout routines. Look it up in fit buddy.

--------------
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success.
Norman Vincent Peale

www.physicalfitnet.com/amy4training