Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Need advice over protein supplements

njindia1
njindia1
United States
2008/10/25, 07:11 PM
Hello everyone , this is my first post in this forum , I have been following the exercise routines and diet plans provided by FT.I am 25 years old , and currently weighing 187 lbs , i started back in Jan when i weighed around 220.

I have a specific question - My initial goal was to bring my wt. down to 180 and then go after proper weight training programmes. I have been doing FT weight loss plan exercises and was avoiding recommended protein supplements like whey or soy and was just focusing on having a diet of white eggs and lean meats for proteins. Now , I have already brought my wt. down to 187 and was wondering if I have to be as rigid with keeping whey/soy proteins away.

Please recommend if i should start the whey protein supplements now or if should i first go down to 180 lbs and then start as I planned before. My goal remains the same to bring my wt. down to 180 and then maintain it at 180 while working on weight training
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/10/26, 10:21 AM
You don't ever have to start whey or soy or any other type of protein supplement if you don't want to. if you can get your required protein intake with whole foods, that is fine.

--------------

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres and infallibly prevails at last.

Lord Chesterfield
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2008/10/26, 01:15 PM
I agree, with you Amy. I think supplements are were over marketed and hyped for people who just want to be in shape and live a healthy life style. Leave the supps for the pros.
Eat lean proteins. Fish, meats and dairy (back to basics).

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)