Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 376, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Need advice

Anishanbie
Anishanbie
United States
2011/10/27, 04:42 PM
I am 25 years old 6'2'' in the 350+ weight, I am looking to lose this weight and most of my weight is located to the top half of my body. I have cut out soda, been slipping up with that lately been eating salad every night but lacking in that. I just don't feel a difference or see one in 2 weeks, I know most people say you can't but walking 30 minutes a day eating less eating healthier just didn't feel a difference in two weeks. So I am losing interest and just losing hope in losing weight. I got no real support on this so I guess thats why I signed up here to get some help and some motivation.
2011/10/27, 09:09 PM
First I know you've heard this but I'll say it anyway. You didn't reach 350 in two weeks. I bet you didn't gain 2 pounds in the last two months. Lighten up on yourself.

Weight is a funny thing. Most often your body wont give up the first pound or two willingly. But it's a numbers game and you can win it.

There are 3500 calories in a pound. You need to count calories both eaten and burned. Educate yourself on how to eat and add some exercising. You will beat the numbers.

Do you walk outside or use a treadmill? Nobody can motivate you but you. Fitness is a change of lifestyle both in eating and exercise. Good luck.

--------------
I would have a million dollars now if only I had only followed CNBCs advice...and I had started with a hundred million dollars.

Charlie
2011/10/31, 04:42 PM
Nope, weight loss supplements enrich the supplement company and either don't work or are dangerous.

Additionally, read the instructions that come with the supplement. Every single one says that proper diet and exercise are required for them to work.

With proper diet and exercise you don't need the supplement. Pete is selling supplements and is a rotten no good spammer. One post and a link to a sales web sight says it all.
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2011/10/31, 10:26 PM
Cavemen didn't take supplements and, if I'm not mistaken, were pretty active... and, although I've never actually seen one, my guess is they didn't have an obesity problem.

Just sayin'...
encaputxat
encaputxat
Andorra
2017/01/12, 11:13 AM (Edited: encaputxat - 2017/01/12, 11:13 AM)
Hey, I recommend you to do 3 days of weight lifting (1h per day) and other 3 days of cardio like walking, running or cycling. Obviously you should do one day weight lifting and one day cardio with a rest day every week.

Cardio Days:
The most important thing is to be 50-60% of your maximum heart rate (so you are gonna burn fat), it doesn't really matter if you run or go on a bike. I suggest bike to avoid more problems on the knee.

Weight lifting days:
You should this 3 workouts (elliptical bike is up to you but it is a good way to warm up before weight lifting): 

1. Chest & Back -

Bike
Chest press with dumbbells
Chest press inclinate with bar
Crossover chest
One Arm Dumbbell Rows
Lat Machine "V"
Deadlift

link: https://createworkouts.com/w/VyMrZigIG

2. Arms 

Bike
Butterfly with dumbbell
Curl Biceps with bar
Curl Biceps with bench
Triceps with dumbbell
Triceps pulley

link: https://createworkouts.com/w/Ey6x-ig8z

3. Leg day 

Bike
Leg press incline
Alternative legs, leg extension
Leg curl with machine
Calf with multipower

link: https://createworkouts.com/w/V1HExoe8M

And never forget to stretch at the end of each workout! Stretching the mussels that you work out!