Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

My witts end, I'm crying inside...

HypoMom
HypoMom
United States
2009/05/17, 05:44 PM
I've been steadily working out and watching my food. I've never really eaten bad to begin with.

For 3 weeks now, one day off.
I've been pouring sweat, sore as heck, but feeling great.
I know I'm toning, or I think I am. My friends have said I look toner. But today, looking for something to wear....Everything was tighter. I kid you not.

I started crying and have been in a foul mood ever since.
I don' have a cycle so I'm not .....you know.
I'm really freaking out.

I've had this problem for many years, but really need answers.

Is there some sort of process that muscles go through.
Like, can I be gaining muscle under my fat and eventually the fat will go away (or shrink) if I keep it up.

Please help, I want this so bad and won't give up./ Just need help.

Thanks,
Hypomom ;)
2009/05/17, 06:05 PM
You hit the nail on the head. You have built some new muscle which is pushing the over lying far out. If you're eating the proper food in the proper portions and exercising hard, you will start losing size soon. You may even lose some size and gain some weight since muscle is heavier than fat. Don't be discouraged, don't quit, don't worry. You are on the right track, stay the course.

--------------
I would have a million dollars now if only I had only followed CNBCs advice...and I had started with a hundred million dollars.

Charlie
HypoMom
HypoMom
United States
2009/05/18, 06:04 PM
I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that.
I was so wanting to be right, but being discouraged doesn't make things any easier.

Thank you so much.
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/05/19, 12:12 PM
It may also be some consolation to you that a lot of women have a rough time at the beginning. It's like it takes a bit longer to start firing on all cylinders. Try being a trainer and explaining this same problem to your wife sometime!
At any rate just stick with it, it shouldn't be too much longer before you start getting the results you're looking for.
HypoMom
HypoMom
United States
2009/05/20, 10:20 PM
Hehehehe!
Too funny.
In all honesty, 13 years ago I went from a raging pot head, eating a lot of the wrong things and staying up late to eat more with friends and weighing in at 240 lbs. for a woman being 5'7. It was terrible. Not something I am proud of as you can imagine. I lost 100 lbs. and honestly can't remember how it started out being. I was only 19 and my cousin had me on a diet that I was on and I didn't even know it. We were also hitting the gym 4 times a week.
It was really cool, I wish I could remember more.
Thank you for the outlook and I'll try and remember not to freak out as much when the scale doen't budge.

Would you happen to know of a great book I can check out or buy that pertains to this topic.

Like on the process of building muscle.....
Or women's raging hormones and why they take longer to lose weight?

I'm serious by the way. hehehe.
Thank you for all the feedback.
I truly appreciate it.

Mel
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2009/05/20, 11:01 PM
Believe it or not a great book out there about our bodies is: YOU The manual by Dr. Roisen. Great suggestions and easy read.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)