Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

My new toy!

Alorle
Alorle
United States
2002/03/10, 10:31 PM
I'm so excited! My parents bought me my birthday present (3 months early, heh) Friday. My aunt was closing her outlet store, and had a big auction. They sold a brand new ProForm elliptical machine for $110.00 (usually sells for $300.00). Yippee! It was just what I needed! My cardio workouts have been few and far between. First, my daughter refuses to go to the child care at the gym, so I can only go when my husband isn't to tired to watch her (he works nights 6 days a week, 10hrs a day). Secondly, it's such a pain to drive all the way across town, just for a cardio workout. It takes me twice as long to get to the gym as I actually work out. I feel that's been a big hindrance to my progress (even though I'm still losing around a pound a week). Hopefully, I'll get to doing this and get my pounds up to 2 a week. I'm getting some good muscles, now if only I can get the rest of this fat off so I can see them! :)

**Starting week 10 of 12 tomorrow, from 187.6 pounds to 176.0 pounds, from approx. 37%BF to 31%BF**

----------------------------
"Do not try. Do. Or do not. There is no try" --Yoda
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2002/03/11, 12:37 AM
Wow, that's a good decrease. How old is your daughter? Have you thought about a jogger, then you could incorporate your daughter into your cardio. My daughter is 18 months old and I haven't seen her in 5 months so when I go home next week, I am going to take her on some runs with me so that way we get to spend some extra time together. My workout schedule ends one week after I get home so I am going to lay off going to the gym for about three weeks since we will be very busy doing some visiting with family and hopefully my daughter will keep me going so I don't get into the lazy mode. Glad to hear you can enjoy your cardio at home now, it makes it easier when you don't have to travel to get a good workout.

--------------
Lisa
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/03/11, 02:22 AM
Hi that's great alorle!! I have an elliptical machine here in my gym and it's my favorite cardio machine. Great movement and careful with the joints.

Try doing it for 15-20 mins every morning 6-7 days weekly(before eating) and then later do 30-45 mins 4-5 times a week. Good luck!

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
quads123
quads123
Canada
2002/03/11, 08:27 AM
Wow! That's fab b-day prezzie!! Elliptical machines are really fun (if you use them in a reverse motion, it makes your butt really sore) Congratulations on your success ...