Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Mixing sets

fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/08/11, 01:13 AM
I don't have access to a gym for the summer so really so far the only options i've had for the upper half of my abs have been twisting crunches and crunches.. doing this every ab day (switching which one I do first each day) gets dull.. sometimes its twisting crunches then crunches.. and then the other way around.. I wondered if I mixed the sets up.. like maybe a set of crunches... then a set of twisting crunches.. then the final set of crunches and final set of twisting crunches...

Anyone have any idea if there is any negative to mixing them up this way? I don't think i've seen any workouts like that? at least not for abs...
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/08/11, 02:12 AM
Mix all you want! No danger there, but one thing I don't understand, you go soooo many other ab exercises without having to use any equipment.
What about lying leg raises, standing twists for the obliques or other exercise that I don't even know the name of...... Just try a lot of things. Always make sure that your lower back is safe and exhale when contracting the abs and it'll be fine.

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/08/11, 04:54 PM
I do all those for the obliques and lower areas I just meant that I had only these two for the upper half... I do a lot of things diff for the lower section.. leg lifts.. hanging leg raises.. tucks.. etc.. and loads of diff things for obliques but as far as the upper half.. I could only find these two exercises that hits that area very well....

Ah well though thanks nina.. at least I know this other way to do them isn't so bad...