Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

McDonald's and such....

JohnTaline
JohnTaline
United States
2002/05/20, 12:28 PM
What are everyones views on places like this.....Now I know that all these fast food places have chicken breast and such, but what about the occassional quarter pounder and fries....Will that hurt a person trying to keep healthy....
And like I said once in a while...like once every 2-3 months....?

Thanks
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2002/05/20, 12:48 PM
I don't care for any of the fast foods but it's more of a matter of having known a bunch of people over the years that worked at them and I like a bit more quality control in the food I eat. :)
skinnyrobin
skinnyrobin
Germany
2002/05/20, 12:57 PM
Once every 2-3 months shouldn't matter, but i would minimize a bit on it. u see, they cook everything in the same oil, which begins to get old. u should use new oil everytime your cooking, but they don't change it. thats what makes such fast-food restaurants unhealthy...
but if u eat healthy normally, then once every 2-3 months really shouldn't do any harm to u...
ssjslsdd
ssjslsdd
Canada
2002/05/20, 02:05 PM
So are you guy saying that my chicken mcgrills are not healthy, oh thats with out the sauce???????
PetePete
PetePete
United States
2002/05/20, 02:28 PM
I loved Burger King! But, I've given all that up. It was very difficult at first but I'm just used to not having it. I think that fast food could be put in that comfort food catagory. I'm not in those situations where I need that comforting. Haveing a spare tire is not a motivator for fast food anymore.

But like skinnyrobin said, once in a while shouldn't matter. Just be sure you keep up with your workout to keep that metabolism going.

--------------
PetePete
=====================

Mo' later, y'all ... lâche pas la patate, et laissez les bons temps rouler!
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2002/05/20, 03:18 PM
my weakness: louisiana oysters on the half shell from Shuck's bar and grill. of course, they only have like 2g of fat per about 1/2 doz, and are a really concentrated source of protein, but who can only eat a 1/2 dozen?? yum....

LOL!

--------------
Michael
"Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!"
Boddhisattvha
Boddhisattvha
United States
2002/05/20, 03:29 PM
Mine are super burritos. When it comes to fast food I will only eat, KFC and Taco Bell. Taco Bell is my cheat food, while depending on what you get at KFC it's not THAT bad, but I rarely ever eat fast food. I worked at McDonalds so I'd rather die than eat that.

--------------
And my soul must be iron, because my fear is naked. I'm naked and fearless.
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/05/20, 10:58 PM
Lately I avoid it on my own but if thats all there is i'll eat it.. a lot of their food is really high in fat.. you can check it out on their webpage...

http://www.mcdonalds.com/countries/usa/food/nutrition_facts/sandfries/sandfries.html

Most of the really pop. fast food places have web pages that list nutritional info on their foods.. I think papa johns even has their info listed on their homepage...
qualters
qualters
United States
2002/05/22, 10:09 PM
I have heard that each french fry at a fast food restaurant contains one gram of fat. I eat at Wendys sometimes and get a grilled chicked sandwich with no sauce and a side salad instead of fries. you can get buy on fast food if you really have to, you just must be careful. I Heard that the chicken tacos are ok at Taco Bell, but I had a bad experience there awhile back..so south of the border is off limits to me.LOL