Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Marijuana + fitness =???

Garym1976
Garym1976
Canada
2004/03/15, 10:24 PM
Just wondering how smoking small amounts and high amounts of marijuana effects fitness.And any other feedback is appreciated.If anyone is offended by this topic I appologize.Just looking for the facts.
agamble
agamble
United States
2004/03/15, 10:42 PM
Physiologically I would assume that it would have the same, if not greater effect, as smoking. This is due to the manner in which it is smoked and the chemical compounds in the smoke. Psychologically, that's a different story. At the very least, it probably doesn't help. This topic has been discussed previously. Try searching the fitbuddy at the bottom of the page. Try 'marijuana' or 'drug use'.
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2004/03/16, 01:06 AM
You are actually going to get most opinions here...I have a ton of facts I could just spew out to you but you'd be better off doing a GOOGLE.COM search. Though pot is not labled as a "bad" illicit drug, it is just that, ILLICIT. There are MANY side effects and addictive tendencies associated with pot use though many of the users do not realize them right away. FITNESS does not equal POT and vice-versa. Hey, we all do crappy things to our bodies, so I'm not singling out pot as such a terrible drug. Its terrible in the sense that many people abuse it without really knowing how much it effects there health in such an adverse way. I drink occasionally, but I shouldn't...not for moral reasons, but for health reasons. I smoked pot for years and some may call me a hipocrit for speaking against it, but I will stand by my research and professional role as a former drug and alcohol counselor when I say it just doesn't pay. If you can spend money on weed, imagine if you put that money towards protein, ZMA, glutamine and creatine.

--------------
Baseball is wrong: Man with four balls cannot walk.

Jdelts@freetrainers.com
dahayz
dahayz
United States
2004/03/16, 07:14 AM
Good post jdelts. No hypocrisy there. Just the truth, it really isn't worth it.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/03/16, 09:52 AM
look through the forums, I bumped a lot of previous posts on this subject.

From personal experience, marijuana led to worse things. It created a lifestyle that was not healthy and I wasted a lot of my life on it.
If you are serious about fitness, drugs don't fit in. Burning anything and inhaling it is bad for you.
Just my 2cents.

--------------
"To be able to go to the gym and train hard is a joy and a privelege, even though the hard work necessitates driving yourself through considerable discomfort. Savor this privelege and blessing, and revel in it."
Stuart McRobert, Beyond Brawn
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2004/03/16, 03:27 PM
Thanks ASIMMER!

--------------
Baseball is wrong: Man with four balls cannot walk.

Jdelts@freetrainers.com
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/03/16, 04:53 PM
It's all been summed up here! You may also want to search here in fit buddy! Like J said...Save your $$$.

--------------
\"A will finds a way, failure is not an option\"
Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
Relique
Relique
United States
2004/03/19, 06:33 PM
Call me crazy, but smoking anything has always hit me as a bad idea, never liked it and no one has ever said "If I had smoked one more bud, my life would have been so much fuller" on their death bed.

--------------
Sean \"TBAR\" Johnson -USAF-