Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Love handles...?

PerfectliFlawed
PerfectliFlawed
United States
2003/09/28, 04:11 PM
Hey all -- I'm a newbie here, so forgive me if I'm asking a question that's already answered somewhere on the site. :)

I was wondering if any of you know of any exercises that target the area on the lower hips... I have these flabs that poke out over the top of my thighs and make my hips and butt look blocky and gross. I know that to lose the fat you have to get cardio, but I'd also like to wake up whatever muscles may be lying under my annoyingly thick "insulation". I feel so dumb not knowing if my pudgies are love handles or something else... lol... hey, at least I'm trying to learn, right?

Thanks so much for your help!

Off I go to do a couple more posts... :)
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/09/29, 02:50 AM
Oh you don't want any muscles to look bulky there either.
Do lunges, abs, cardio, eat clean and healthy and be patient and you'll get there.......

Another good idea is to build up your back and shoulders so your hips would look smaller.
Good luck and welcome!

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
klw0022
klw0022
United States
2003/10/04, 06:12 PM
Yeah, I have just found that running/walking and other cardio helps get rid of the pudge...along with diet (avoid bloating foods)..and stregth training (hyperextensions, etc.)