Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Looking to Replace Exercises

osumicrobio
osumicrobio
United States
2008/02/19, 10:25 PM
Hey Everyone!
My friend and I just started lifting and running yesterday and are extremely driven to get ourselves in as good of shape as possible for a friend's wedding in June! We are both looking to lose about 20 - 30 lbs. and tone up considerably and are currently following the weight loss/toning program.

One concern I had is that the program we are on calls for chin ups and, unfortunately, we are in no condition to be doing those quite yet.

Is there another exercise that we could be doing to focus on that specific muscle group so that we will be able to start doing chin ups sooner rather than later?

Another question I had is about a previous post. I understand that chemistry behind the anabolic and catabolic hormones (Graduated in Microbiology) and why you want to keep your sessions in 45 min to hour spurts, however, we are trying to keep cardio in our workout and have been lifting for about an hour and running for about 40 minutes. In your opinions is this going to be detrimental?

Thanks in advance for the replies and we are glad to be a part of this community!
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2008/02/19, 11:43 PM
In regards to the first part, maybe try Bent Over Rows, Cable Rows, or Assisted Chins.

For the second part, I'm not sure that would be too bad, but someone may wanna pop in here with a better answer.

--------------
I see the words you are typing, but all I read is *click*click*click*

Fat loss isn?t under the control of the magic fat loss fairies. - Alwyn Cosgrove