Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Ligaments and tendons.

norrobbins
norrobbins
United States
2002/05/21, 07:58 PM
What is the different techniques one uses to 1.stretch and 2. strengthen ligaments and tendons. Is there a difference in weight used or time it takes to acheive the results? Take for example the difference between weight training and yoga. One goal is to make the tendons strong enough to help the muscles support the weight. The other goal is to wrap your leg around you own neck with no pain. I hope Im not confusing the readers? Is it possible to do both?
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2002/05/21, 08:08 PM
I'm not sure what you're asking but maybe someone else will have a better idea. Your ligaments get stronger, along with your muscles doing resistance training. There's quite a few methods of stretching - I prefer static stretches both before and during my workouts. Most lifters also do one or more warmup sets before they really start their workout.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/05/22, 01:20 AM
When you stretch your muscles you sort of train your muscles to become longer and more flexible (and this protects your joints). Your ligaments and tendons are part of the muscle and when working your muscles you strengthen the ligaments and tendons as well.

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
norrobbins
norrobbins
United States
2002/05/22, 08:57 PM
Thx for the info. Ive been told that the ligs and tendons strengthen and 'learn' more slowly than muscle. Therefore it's more likely to injure the ligs and tendons than the muscle. Is that a fact?