Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Keep getting higher / fatter

cheekymonkai
cheekymonkai
Canada
2009/05/05, 11:22 PM
Now before anyone says its "muscle mass" EXTREMELY unnecessary! I have heard that repeatedly over the past 2 weeks. I have gone from 128 to 137...my dietary intake has only increased with upping my protein intake, I don't starve myself..I don't deny myself and I have a FAR better dietary intake of my daily needed clean foods. I only have one cheat day on Sunday and yet it keeps going up....any ideas? I train twice a day ...and do cardio about 4-5 25-45 sessions a week. Really getting worried and freaking out major any kind of help would be appreciated...so long as I don't get told its instantaneous muscle growth ..because I know its DIFFINATELY not that. HELP
2009/05/06, 12:12 AM
Ok, I'm gonna assume you're counting calories and CPF proportion correctly. I'll assume you're eating the proper amount of calories for your weight and the amount of exercise you're doing. If ALL that is true, back off on your caloric intake by 250 per day for 2 weeks. Then let us know what is happening. It is common and very easy for beginners to overdo protein shakes and protein bars causing weight gain. It's also common for beginners to undereat causing your body to cling to fat. Count your calories and be brutally accurate. It's really a matter of calories in verses calories burned and not quitting.

--------------
I would have a million dollars now if only I had only followed CNBCs advice...and I had started with a hundred million dollars.

Charlie
cheekymonkai
cheekymonkai
Canada
2009/05/06, 07:43 AM
Not really a bigger ...started training about 15 yrs ago...I keep an eye on my intake meticulously leaving my day of freedom for the end of the week. Though, I will try lowering my intake 250 cals a day...couldn't hurt too much! at this point, I am willing to try pretty much anything. I phase in and out of training and I am in a high cycle currently ...ty for the advice, I'll post after if there is any results

returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/05/06, 11:11 AM
Do you weigh in on Monday mornings? If you cheat on Sunday, you may be seeing an increase in weight because of the extra food your body is processing. I've noticed that if my carbs spike-up on one day, I'll be at least couple pounds heavier the next day(even though I may have only exceeded my calorie needs by 600 or 700 calories for the day).That weight falls off immediately over the next couple of days. It's just an extra thought.
I'm also 100% on board with what Charlie suggested.
2009/05/06, 04:01 PM
Could I suggest the old fashioned clothes test. The scale is not always our best measure of how we are doing. If the clothes are looser then what they were originally, that sould make for a somewhat good feeling. Maybe see if the body measurements have changed.

I also know that if it is near my period, my weight is higher.

--------------
mad-mama in Edmonton
2009/05/06, 05:40 PM
mad mama's right. Pants don't lie. Are they looser or tighter. If they are looser and you've gained a little weight, why you're just bragging.:big_smile:

Also how many calories do you eat per day?

--------------
I would have a million dollars now if only I had only followed CNBCs advice...and I had started with a hundred million dollars.

Charlie
cheekymonkai
cheekymonkai
Canada
2009/05/09, 11:14 AM
Usually take in around 1800 cals a day....So finally got a schedule with my personal trainer goin on....Yah I was totally freaking over nothing! I had a body composition done 2 weeks earlier and had a bf % of 25% and now its at 23%....best we concluded is that I wasn't feeding my body enough and it went into starvation mode abit...then when I ramped up the cal intake abit...it was stoked and shocked..grabbed the extra weight while it could and now just evening out. So made trainer dude a promise....our home scale is out (it has a bf% percentage too but kinda off) and He and I will look at the body composition testing only every two weeks. Pretty pysched about the dude...he's got that professional/yrs of strong man competition and coach/bit of older bro thing goin on. Seems like the right combo to attain my present goals and help me figure some future ones to accomplish as well...TRE STOKED!!!!:angry: