Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 38, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Just had to post this

7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2008/02/13, 09:00 PM
Today I am in the gym doing some board press when two young strapping lads walk up to the squat rack. I watch them do a set of back squats at 135. The "Brains" of the operation is all on his toes and working on getting some quality quarter squats in. So now I take out my head phones to listen to this. "Brains" says to his "Admirer" lets add another cookie. With both of them in nylon belts, they work hard to wrap two towels around the bar for neck support. Needless to say 225 went really smooth. After finishing that set "Brains" looks around and says lets add another cookie. Being the nice guy that I am I walked over and told them that they might want to work on technique before increasing. Needless to say "Brains" shrugged me off. I asked them to at least put the pins in the rack. They didn?t think my suggestion was worth the effort. So "Brains" gets into the rack and steps out. After he sets his feet the next thing I hear is "oh-shit". "Admirer" who is grabbing him by the waist tells him to just go down. With 315 on his back "Brains" hits his knees. I ran over to help, but by this time "Brains" had fallen backwards. Anyway as I am walking away dumb founded the two of them decide to grab the bar without taking any weight off and re-rack it. "Brains" struggling with all his might to lift his side of the bar lost his grip and 315 crashed down onto his foot. After some screaming I went over and told them to just leave the weight I would clean it up. I really don't think either of these two guys will be back in the weight room for a while. It has kept me laughing all day

--------------
FOR MY WIFE:
Her little ring was a little thing
but it was all that i could afford
now shes mine all mine
till the day i die
and i never wanted nothing more

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
Tinnuk
Tinnuk
Canada
2008/02/13, 10:36 PM
C'mon, Mutt, they got what was coming to them; I always say that quiet humility is the best approach to morons!

7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2008/02/14, 07:38 AM
huh? I am laughing about this...I see it all the time in my gym

--------------
FOR MY WIFE:
now shes mine all mine
till the day i die

edwardJ
edwardJ
Australia
2008/02/14, 09:38 AM
haha great post
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2008/02/14, 01:15 PM
makes me smile...

--------------
\\"The eight laws of learning are explanation, demonstration, imitation, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, and repetition\\"

jbennett
jbennett
United States
2008/02/16, 05:38 PM
If it weren't for stupid people, what ever would we laugh at?
Good post. Next time, Mutt, I want a video...

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2008/02/16, 06:09 PM
Yeah Video Please!

I feel once recently doing Barbell lunges but it was on my last set and last rep and I failed I was so I just let go of the damn bar once I lost balance, no harm done but a lesson learned.

Lesson learned was Dumbbells will do just fine if I'm going to push on Lunges like that!

Years ago I lost a load in the Squat Rack but I again just let it go.

Funny thing is I move real damn fast in situations like that and a Powerlifter now friend of mine was in the rack next to me and told me 2 things.

1. I did the right thing and always just let it go and drop it.

2. I was so damn fast that he saw me climbing the mirrors like Spiderman before he even heard the sound of the weights hitting the rack!

I literally at that time dropped the weight and ran but the fricken mirrors were like 2 to 3 feet in front of me!

--------------
Knock-Um Down & Keep-Um Down!
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2008/02/16, 06:11 PM
Edit!

I feel once recently doing Barbell lunges but it was on my last set and last rep and I failed so I just let go of the damn bar once I lost balance, no harm done but a lesson learned.

--------------
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2008/02/16, 06:12 PM
Edit! Damn Carb Cycling!

I fell once recently doing Barbell lunges but it was on my last set and last rep and I failed so I just let go of the damn bar once I lost balance, no harm done but a lesson learned.

--------------
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2008/02/17, 09:58 AM
Oh sorry folks this was from another website Elitefts, "sick of your gym" posts.

--------------
FOR MY WIFE:
now shes mine all mine
till the day i die