Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Just Finished the 8 Week Ex. Period

loret
loret
United States
2002/07/20, 10:41 PM
Maybe this might help to encourage the older women out there like me. Here is my story. I am 48 years old. I have dieted all my life the wrong way of course, and gained a lot of fat because I would allways gain back what I lost. (Lost muscle plus fat gain) real bad combination. I have exercised all my life but went at it too hard and would injure myself. I got to the point that I didn't think I could exercise anymore. Just a big letdown. I couldn't even lose weight anymore either because my metabolism was horrible. So I thought I was doomed to getting fatter and fatter as the years went by. Then I discovered Freetrainers on the net coupled with another eating program called nutrawatch.com. Here I am 8 weeks later starting from 150 pounds I have dropped my weight to 136. AIN'T THAT AWSOME!
For me its a real miracle! The first week I dropped 5 pounds and then about 2 pounds a week after that. Probably because I did these three things cardio 5 times a week , strength train 3 days a week , and eat healthy. I started off real slow with three pound weights because of old shoulder injuries and now I am up to 8 and 20 pds on those particular exercises. And I haven't re-injured myself because I follow the plan and listen to my body. If I feel I should skip an exercise, I do. I still have much body fat to lose but it is equally important for me to put on muscle since I lost so much of it dieting. I am now getting ready to start on my 2nd 8 week exercise plan Monday. You know I really dont miss the old way of eating. The one thing I really hate to do is at times we have to to eat at resturants and fast food places. I think of them as the enemy out to destroy me. I wish they had health food resturants etc. for people traveling. Some times I ask if I we could stop at one of the food chains and grab some fat free yogurt, cottage cheese, or fruit to eat instead of eating burgers like everyone.
kaylad24
kaylad24
United States
2002/07/21, 11:20 AM
Congratulations, loret! I'm only 19 but I start my 8 week exercise program tomorrow and it's very motivating to here that it worked for somebody else. Keep up the good work.

--------------
Kayla
"I will trust and not be afraid, for the Lord is my strength and my song."
loret
loret
United States
2002/07/21, 11:33 PM
Kayla, God is wonderful, isn't he!!!!

============
Quoting from kaylad24:

Congratulations, loret! I'm only 19 but I start my 8 week exercise program tomorrow and it's very motivating to here that it worked for somebody else. Keep up the good work.

=============
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2002/07/22, 08:11 AM
Congrats to you both keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------
"When in danger, or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout" LIFT HARD AND OFTEN!!!!!!